By Special Broadcasting Service Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The SBS Radio App brings you Australian and international news and information in 76 languages, four 24/7 streaming music channels, and live streaming special events.
We've updated the design and kept all of the features you've enjoyed previously with the 'Your Language' app. We have also added some great new features.
Features of the app include:
- Select your language or languages of choice
- Listen to live radio streaming of SBS Radio’s digital radio stations SBS Radio 1, SBS Radio 2, SBS Radio 3 and SBS Radio 4, along with SBS Pop Asia, Pop Araby, Pop Desi and SBS Chill.
- Missed your favorite radio language program? Listen to 7-day catch-up on demand when and where you want
- Listen to podcasts of show highlights, interviews, news and lifestyle topics
- Schedule information
- Radio live program reminder alerts
- One click button to email, text message or call the programs live on-air!
- High quality digital audio
- News poll on Australian and international news topics
If you’re a fan of the app don’t forget to check out our online languages services. Visit sbs.com.au/radio for schedule and program information.
A note about data usage: Streaming or Downloading Podcasts, and streaming On Demand audio uses additional data and you are responsible for this consumption and associated data charges. Tip: Downloading a Podcast is currently restricted to WiFi connections to reduce cellular data usage (or offline listening). On Demand audio does not have this restriction but it is recommended you check your data plan before listening to On Demand audio, as the audio files can be very large.
What's New in Version 2.2
We've added a lot of new features and made improvements to personalise the app for you.
- The Podcasts screen now shows the Latest podcast for the on air show (if available).
- The Podcasts screen also displays "Recommended" Podcasts for you. These are based on your app language settings.
- Tapping on a podcast opens the podcast description in both English and the language of the show.
- See and share events in your state. Just tap to filter by state.
- Quickly see your favourite events by tapping the star above the list at the top right.
- You can also submit an event by pressing the + button.
- See the latest photos from your favourite SBS Radio shows, and other app users. You can filter the gallery by using the tag button
- You can also submit a photo by pressing the + button. (Photos are reviewed first!)
• SUBMIT PHOTO or AUDIO or VIDEO.
- You can now send a photo, record 30 seconds of audio or record 15 seconds of video and send to your favourite show, right from the app. (Photos are reviewed first, and may appear in the app Gallery.)
• SCHEDULES, improvements
- To favourite a show, tap the star icon next to it. To view show information, just tap on a show that has an arrow.
- Quickly see all of your upcoming favourited shows, by tapping the star above the list at the top right.
• HOME SCREEN, improvements
- If the current show has additional information, you can now 'pull down' the Show Info panel to reveal further show information. This grip icon appears under the Fav/Share/Contact buttons, you can pull it down with your finger (and swipe it back up). Some shows do not have additional information, so this grip may not appear all the time.
- The main screen CONTACT button now has more ways to interact with your favourite language show.
- The main screen FAVOURITES button now lets you favourite the current show or station on the fly.
• STATION SWITCHER, improvements
- As you view each station, a snapshot of the current and next few shows is displayed.
• Additional notes
- We squished some bugs so your SBS Radio experience is better than ever!
- Under-the-hood performance improvements, so the app loads faster.
- Category: News
- Updated: 17 December 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 12.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Special Broadcasting Service (SBS)
- © Special Broadcasting Service Corporation 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.