SCRABBLE™ for iPad
By Electronic Arts
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CONNECT WITH FRIENDS. PLAY WITH WORDS. It’s the SCRABBLE™ BRAND Crossword Game! Start a match with just about anyone – or play solo against the computer. Plus, now you can play SCRABBLE in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese.
WHO WILL YOU PLAY?
• Challenge friends, family, or a random opponent via Facebook or Origin
• Play solo against the computer – you pick the skill level!
• Start a game with up to 4 players!
• Is it family game night? With Pass ‘n Play mode, you can play together on the same device
• Get up to 50 games going at once
LOSS FOR WORDS?
We’ve included the Collins Official SCRABBLE Wordlist, so you can check your words right in the game! Plus, with the exclusive Teacher feature, you can become a SCRABBLE master! See what your best word could have been after every turn – even when playing against the computer.
SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS
Talk a good game with the chat feature, complete with emoticons, time stamps, auto-correct, spell check, and more! Share your wins and highest scores on Facebook.
PLAY WITH EASE
See how many tiles of each letter are in SCRABBLE with the handy Tile Distribution feature. Customize the look of your board and tiles to fit your personality. Take a look at your opponent’s last score – right on the board. Keep track of your SCRABBLE stats. Zoom in on your board in Portrait or Landscape mode, and open chat or the Wordlist while you play. Toggle between active matches with the swipe of a finger. You can even shuffle the tiles on your rack with a shake of your device!
SCRABBLE is optimized for your iPad screen – and enhanced for iOS 6! View every detail on the board with HD-quality graphics made to maximize the Retina display. Easily switch between Landscape and Portrait mode – enjoy the entire board in Portrait, or keep the chat or Wordlist tabs open in Landscape.
Ready for the first and last word in word games? Don’t accept imitations. Just say, “LET’S PLAY SCRABBLE!”
What's New in Version 3.6.1
We‘ve removed the “automatic tile recall” feature, per your feedback. We have also made some behind-the-scenes fixes and improvements for a better, smoother experience.
More options... Please! :)
Hi I love playing this version of scrabble! Much better gameplay! And thank you for fixing the recall thingy!
I would also like to offer a suggestion for a scrabble upgrade
Although these suggestions go against official scrabble traditions.. I think they would add to the scrabble experience..
**I would love to see the return of the single player mode.. that was one of my favourite games..
**I would love to see a Turn off dictionary/language option.. So one could play what I have happily dubbed 'phonetic scrabble'.. Or "Fonetik skrable" Beekoz fonetiks iz Phun.. So long as the word can be pronounced it can score points..
**I would also love to see an upgrade to the side swipe dictionary that could be used as a word finder (rather than having to go online to check)..
I still enjoy and love playing the game, and I play I all the time..
This is a great app. But the dictionary being used leaves a lot to be desired. It is also very slow in responding but I am not sure whether this is the app or my wifi setup.
Two improvements which would greatly enhance the app would be:
1. The ability to customise the dictionary. It would be nice to be able to add words that are in common usage in regional dictionaries such as the Macquarie - a standard reference in Australia. It would also be nice to take out words which cannot be found in ones dictionary of choice.
2. The ability to look up the meaning of words used, particularly as it is not always possible to find them in other dictionaries.
This version of Scrabble has so much more to offer with regard to levels and competition with computer and other opponents. The old version levels were such that one either almost always won or always lost, nothing in between, creating no challenge. The letters are more manoeuvrable also. It's so good to be faced with a challenge instead of always winning. Very enjoyable now and better for the mind.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 25 November 2013
- Version: 3.6.1
- Size: 32.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: EA Swiss Sarl
- Game code and certain audio and/or visual material © 2013 Electronic Arts Inc. EA and the EA logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Published by Electronic Arts Inc. SCRABBLE and associated trademarks and trade dress are owned by, and used under license from, J.W Spear & Sons Limited, a subsidiary of Mattel. © 2013 Mattel. All Rights Reserved. Collins Offical Scrabble Wordlist Electronic Resource, © Harper Collins Publishers 2012. L'Officiel du jeu Scrabble © Larousse 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.