By Seagate Technology
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Seagate Media App gives you access to your photos, videos, music, and documents stored on compatible Seagate storage devices. Quickly and easily browse your digital library with a classic file/folder view, thumbnails, or using a range of filters.
• Access your media library stored on a Seagate Wireless device – no Internet connection required
• Access content stored on your Seagate Personal Cloud device from any available Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Enter your username and password in the “Remote Access" tab when outside of your home network.
• Create, edit, and save files directly to/from your Seagate Wireless/Plus and Personal Cloud (local-only) devices using compatible 3rd party apps
• Synchronize your files on popular cloud services like Dropbox (requires Internet connection and only available on Wireless Plus)
• Backup pictures and videos automatically from your mobile device
• Cast content to Chromecast, Roku, LG Smart TVs, Xbox One, Sonos, Amazon Fire TV*, and most DLNA devices
*Install our new Seagate Media Receiver app to your Amazon Fire TV to browse content through Seagate Media app before casting to your TV.
Seagate Media App works with:
• Seagate Wireless
• Seagate Wireless Plus
• Seagate Personal Cloud
• Seagate GoFlex Satellite
• Seagate Central
Please visit our app support site for articles, videos, and more at the Seagate Media Support (Developer) website.
What's New in Version 220.127.116.11
Bug fixes and improvements.
Unable to create folder
It's a bit clunky for organising folders of documents. The New Folder feature is missing so you can't create new folders. But it's still good for using your network storage while you're on the road.
Also the help menu has a bug in that I'm unable to send feedback with my only mail account being on an exchange server.
Great app that works 98% of the time.
Currently using this with a Personal Cloud. Sometimes has issues showing the initial folders, but usually a couple kill and restarts of the app sorts it out. Simple to use, does what is says on the tin. Great way of being able to watch videos without the need to put them on my iPad, though it also provides that option.
Please add a play list feature
Used this for several years with iPads in the car for the kids. Initially had the Satellite and now have the Wireless Plus.
Please add a way of queuing up a play list of movies for play back.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 27 July 2017
- Version: 18.104.22.168
- Size: 121 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Seagate Technologies LLC
- © 2017 Seagate Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.