Sid Meier's Pirates! for iPad
By 2K Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
All hands on Deck! Sid Meier's Pirates! is an exciting high-seas adventure that allows buccaneers to helm one of 27 fully customizable ships as they descend upon unsuspecting ports of call to amass a motley crew of seafaring bandits. As a fearless Pirate Captain you will collect hidden treasure maps, undertake daring missions and courageous rescues, and swiftly hand out pirate-style justice to local braggarts at every port. The wild call of the ocean will lure you back to sea where you'll encounter enemy pirates and engage in mind-blowing open sea battles unlike any other game before on the iPad.
• Take the helm of 27 ships and customize them with assorted ammo, cannons and other upgrades
• The classic adventure by renowned creator Sid Meier, re-imagined for the iPad to take full advantage of touch controls
• Use the iPad's touch controls to parry, counter and effectively out duel your opponents into submission with lightning quick moves onboard ships, in taverns, and even in the exclusive Governor's mansion
• Challenge and pursue the most famous pirates in history, including Blackbeard, Captain Kidd and Henry Morgan
Features specific to iPad 2
- Piratize your own picture using the iPad 2's camera
- Improved graphics
- Additional visual effects
Visit http://www.2kgames.com/mobile/ for more great games.
для детей старше 12 лет
Review Update I loved this on Amiga and Love it more on iPad.
REVIEW UPDATE: Just after I wrote this I deleted more Apps and it finalized installation instantly. It was either that or Sid and team worked their magic as soon as they they got this report. Bootylicious! Thanks!
First of all, this is not a bad review, just a bug report. For idiot proofness.
I removed a few Apps during installation to make room for Pirates! But the Installation would not finalise. Now the icon is stuck on 'waiting' with 0% and the option to remove it is not there. Also the 'Install' button on App Store is greyed out and does not allow me to re-install.
In need of Booty, SOS.
This game is very fun. The controls are pretty good. The game mechanics are good. The graphics are solid.
Sword fighting is challenging and never gets too easy. Ship-to-ship fighting also remains interesting throughout the game. There are many sub-quests and mini-games that break up the main game as well. The game does a good job of simulating a privateer captain's career, and early decisions influence the late game considerably - expect to have a very different career the second time you play the game!
Overall, it's a large and entertaining game with a lot more than meets the eye.
True to original
To the reviewer before me, the wind doesn't change direction if you are playing an easy skill level.
If you are a fan of the original, like I am, then this game is very much like it. There are just a few tweaks and improvements. Obviously, it has better graphics than the original 16 colours, but still has the same feel to it.
It has a bit more of a story line, or maybe I just ignored the story in favour of the action when I was a kid. The quests are a bit clearer and easier to follow than the original.
Good fun game. Glad I bought it.
- Category: Games
- Released: 21 July 2011
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 457 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 2K Games
- © 2004 - 2011 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., the Take-Two logo, 2K, the 2K logo, Firaxis Games, the Firaxis Games logo, and Sid Meier's Pirates! are trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software in the U.S. and/or other countries. Portions of this software are included under license (c) 2009 Emergent Game Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. All other marks and trademarks are properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.