Sight Singing - Free
By Satoru Fukushima
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Simply splendid app to practice singing from a score." -- a 5-star customer review at iTunes App Store, Germany
"Easy to configure, great for sight singing and ear training. Play back function gives instant feedback. I use this daily." -- a 5-star customer review at iTunes App Store, United Kingdom
"Finding high quality music education apps are not easy and this is one." -- a 5-star customer review at iTunes App Store, Australia
This app is for training on 'sight singing', the ability to read and sing music on sight. It will measure the pitch you sing for each note and provide feedback so that you can know if that pitch is correct or not.
This app's preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCdRi650QB4
'How to use Sight Singing': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-YzarKrOUc
=== How to Use ===
1. Press 'Tonic' to check the tonic of the music score.
2. [only on the iPhone version] Scroll through the score to get the picture of a whole song.
3. Press 'Start' and begin singing along with the score.
4. The color of a note will change to green when the pitch you sing is correct. A red note will be displayed when your pitch is off.
5. Push 'Play' to listen to the song in the correct pitch.
=== Main Feature List ===
* Changing the tempo.
* Selecting a treble clef or a bass clef.
* Recording your song and playing back with correct melody.
* Scale practice mode.
* Report section to show your performance report.
Additional settings can be purchased through In-App Purchases, giving access to the following functionality:
* Selecting a level of score difficulty from Introductory, Easy, Moderate, and Difficult.
* Choosing the type of notes and rests that appear in the music score.
* Setting the leap.
* Selecting a key from twelve major and twelve minor keys.
* Selecting the time signature from 2/4, 3/4, or 4/4.
* Setting the number of bars.
* Displaying syllables in fixed-do or moveable-do. (Also, a double-tap on the music score will hide/show them easily.)
=== FAQ ===
Q. The app does not seem to detect any sound.
A. In this case, there is the possibility that the app is not allowed to use your iPhone/iPad's microphone. When the app is launched for the first time, a popup window asking if you allow the app to use the microphone is supposed to appear. That setting can be changed by tapping 'Setting' from your iPhone/iPad's home screen, scrolling down to find and tap the app icon, and turning on the switch for 'Microphone'.
Q. The app does not seem to provide correct feedback.
A. There would be multiple possible factors causing it. Please check the following things first:
1) This app uses a treble clef as default. If you sing in a lower range (typically by a male singer), please change it to a bass clef or try an octave switch, whose label starts with '8va', with a treble clef.
2) Even when you sing the correct pitch, if its timing is not quite right, the feedback will be affected. We recommend to try using a headset or earphones so that you can hear the metronome sound as background while you are singing.
3) The feedback could be affected by ambient noise. We recommend to use the app in a quiet room.
Thanks Katie for sharing music notation images! Her great web site of 'Midnight Music' is found at http://www.midnightmusic.com.au/
What's New in Version 2.3.1
- UI update.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: 05 January 2017
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 30.3 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Satoru Fukushima
- © 2015 Satoru Fukushima
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Setting Functionality$7.99