SketchBook Express for iPad
By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Autodesk SketchBook® Express for iPad is a fun and intuitive drawing application. Get a taste of the SketchBook Pro experience with SketchBook Express.
Use professional-grade tools and brushes to create doodles, quick sketches or artwork on-the-go.
Full Screen work space with support for any device orientation
• Screen resolution canvas
• Two finger pan & zoom navigation with 2500% zoom
• Three finger tap for controls
• Three finger swipe gestures for quick access
High Quality Brushes and Tools:
• Professional-grade paint engine delivers smooth and precise brush strokes
•15 preset brushes, including pencils, pens, markers and Fill Tool
•SketchBook Store to purchase brush packs
• Draw styles for creating straight lines, rectangles, and circles
• Dynamic symmetric drawing
• 3 Layers allowing easy build up of a drawing
• Import layers from Photo Library
• Duplicate, Merge and Reorder Layers
• Move, scale, and rotate layers interactively using Multi-Touch
• Toggle visibility and adjust Layer Opacity
• Create text with a variety of fonts, colors, sizes and placement.
• Color Wheel with HSB and RBG color space
• Eye-dropper color selection
• Store and view work in progress
• Export to Photo Library
• Browse images in full-screen mode
• Option to set iCloud as default location to save canvases
• Controls in Gallery to upload or download from iCloud
• Built-in SketchBook News panel for live info about Sketching events and announcements
What's New in Version 2.9.1
Great, 2 suggestions
Awesome app, however would really like it of you added these two functionalities. Firstly, yes, more layers would be fantastic. Secondly, could there be say a circle around where the paint/rubber is being applied? I just find it difficult if I am rubbing something out, as I have to guess when it will make contact with the drawing. Sorry if this confuses you!? ( I think Photoshop has it, if that helps :))
Great App for Drawing. But Maybe...
I love this app. If you want to improve your drawing. Please get this. However I have a few problems. Sometimes mine crashes and I lose my work, leaving me to have to start all over again.
Also I would like if we had more layers. I have trouble using just three. I would ask if you would put in a proper blending tool, I am an Artist on Deviantart and I use this. I find it hard to blend colours together. Can you please put these things in an update?
Awesome, but suggestion
I've been using this for over two years now and I've had no problems.
The only thing missing to make it a perfect 5 star is invisible backgrounds. When I export my pictures to my gallery the background becomes white and compressed into one layer which makes it difficult to use this along with other mediums like photoshop and sai.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 08 April 2014
- Version: 2.9.1
- Size: 36.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Brushes$1.49
- Art Brushes$1.49
- Stamp Brushes$1.49