Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
Learn more at skype.com
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.35.1
Welcome to Skype for iPad.
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you.
In this release, we've included a number of general improvements and feature updates to make Skype better for you.
Please continue to send us feedback, we're listening!
Online contacts list great for communication
Having a contacts list filtered by who is online is a great way to manage communication with a group of people spread over the world. I don't need to worry about timezones - I can simply see who is online and hence available.
Only complaints I have is that people marking themselves as 'away' are still considered 'online', and that the 'online' filter isn't the default option.
I hope the developers don't remove the online contacts like they have from the iPhone app.
Skype is a good messaging app. It's the only way I can keep in touch with people I know. However, the reason I'm not giving this five stars is of some annoying features.
First of all, when you video call, it's laggy and the the video quality is HORRIBLE.
Secondly, sometimes I'm chatting to my friends when they are away, and it says they're online when they aren't.
Finally, I can't change my Skype name anymore, but that may be my own problem.
Overall, it's a good app and I recommend it.
Overall good but..
The app overall is great but I really want to be able to edit the “About me” section because the one that I wrote was ages ago and I want to change it, so please enable it again. The name part when you go to the “My info” part could you please also enable the name part again like it was before so I can change my nickname/name?. Last thing is please let people be able to download files. Once again this app is great but please fix those minor problems, thank you.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 25 May 2017
- Version: 6.35.1
- Size: 129 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$7.99