Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
Learn more at skype.com
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.34.1
Welcome to Skype for iPad.
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you. Here's what's new:
Use Skype for international calls? Well, we've just made things a lot easier for you by introducing the ability to edit the country code or the '0' with ease!
General feature improvements
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We're listening!
Skype - International Calling
Congratulations to the team at Skype. Bringing affordability to keeping in touch with every at home when you are living thousands of miles away.
I would have given the service 5 stars, but I had a couple of drop outs, which I suspect were more to do with the flakiness of WIFI connections in Thailand, but they did occur. Reconnection was easy......kudos guys!
Video blinks entire call, Skype customer service impossible to contact
I'm using Skype the new iPad Pro, but the video blinks on and off the entire call. There are several complaints online of similar problems on many different devices, but no clear solution. I've tried contacting Skype directly, but their website sends you around in circles, always back to the forums, rather than actually being able to talk to someone at Skype. Hugely disappointed and frustrated.
Great for business
I use this to compliment my business. Between international business calls and contacting customers to offer that little extra customer service.....just a great thing to be able to have in my tool box
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 28 February 2017
- Version: 6.34.1
- Size: 129 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$7.99