The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, supercharged with lots of new features and new ways to stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Messaging made amazing: More than just text. Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis and more. You can also respond to any message from your contacts with reactions.
• Great for groups: Add your favourite people and start chatting. Use groups to plan together, play together, for staying in touch or just for hanging out.
• Call everyone - Skype, mobiles and landlines: Free* video and voice calls make it easier to stay connected with friends and family. You’ll also enjoy low calling rates to mobiles and landlines worldwide with Skype.
• Never miss a moment with quick capture: Quickly swipe to capture photos and videos. Make them your own by adding emoticons, stickers and annotations.
• Share Highlights: Keep others updated with Highlights from your day. React to any Highlights with amazing emoticons or send a private message about that Highlight. Your Highlights only stay visible for 7 days to your followers.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
From the new baby to the latest sales figures, Skype makes sharing our big news better. Anyone can start calling, texting and video-conferencing—or even dialing landlines—thanks to the intuitive design. With zillions of Skype users to connect to, it’s one of the most useful apps on our iPhone and Apple Watch.
Worst Update Ever and No Support
Skype used to work seamlessly with Apple CarPlay but with this most recent update it’s no longer supported which is very frustrating as I often make Skype calls whilst driving. This is in addition to the usual call drop outs and low quality video and audio.
I attempted to contact Microsoft Support chat to give feedback but they wanted me to add my mobile phone number (which I did) and an email address (which I already have but for some inexplicable reason Microsoft wants me to add or create a new address) - all of this trouble just to try and chat to a human being!! Simply too hard to contact anyone which is probably what they want seeing as this product has severely gone downhill recently. I welcome Microsoft to actually contact me for feedback and hopefully to offer support seeing as I’ve spent a lot on Skype credits.
Thank God for the Skype app on my phone. I do conference calls and my laptop has been playing up lately. It won’t let me into Skype saying that I’ve tried too many times to enter an incorrect password, when I’m entering my normal password. Then I reset it, but it still won’t let me in. So I turn to my phone and use the Skype app. Conference call achieved; moment saved! I’m so glad this app is here. It means that I can connect when I’m out and about, not just tied to my computer. I also make overseas calls on Skype, so staying in touch with people who don’t have computers. Thank you Skype!
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 119.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up $7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.