Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the brand new Skype for iPhone – simpler than ever with an even more powerful search.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
· Find all of your friends and family in an instant - search for friends, groups, conversations or new contacts on Skype. With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
· Call your world for free - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
· Make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines - Keep in touch with anyone even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines.
· Instantly get in touch - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free instant messaging.
· Share moments - Send photos, record and send video messages, share your location or share web content with the people who matter most.
· Available for Apple Watch - see your notifications and chat on your Apple Watch so you’re always part of the conversation.
· Skype is available everywhere - on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more at Skype.com
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS 6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.3
- Full iOS9 compatibility.
- Reply to Skype notifications without needing to open Skype.
- Start chats with Skype contacts directly from Spotlight search.
It's a good app, but I've recently seen that there's an update for iOS 9 and that's where it all goes down hill, because not everyone (especially me) has the newest iPhone, as for I have the iPhone 4, so I don't think it's fair on people like me who use Skype on a daily/nightly basis, and being up to date now is complete bull, yes it has kinda gotten on my nerves because not everyone can afford the new and fancy iPhones/iPods/iPads... It's just not fair. I know most people should be all like "appreciate the fact you still currently have access to it at all" but I've wanted a new phone for a while.. Preferably a Samsung galaxy because they don't really update like iOS devices do.
iPhone 6s issue
I've been using Skype for years and years now on several, different devices without bigger problems. Recently, I got myself and iPhone 6s and unfortunately can't use that app any longer. Whilst talking on a loudspeaker the sound cracks down and is very hmm.. hard to explain but 'robotic'. It's a pain for me as I live out of my country and been using Skype to call my parents, since this issue the app became useless for me and I had to switch to use something else which is a shame for you guys! Please, do make an update and fix it, don't drop your standards. I know it's not only me having that problem but other new iPhone's users too! 😤
No everybody has iPhone 5
I didn't have issues with using Skype in my phone before. The app was working perfectly but with the latest version my iPhone 4 is just crashing all the time and it doesn't connect properly when doing a call. It's a shame because I have been using Skype in the same phone for 3 years without any problem :(.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 02 October 2015
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 85.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$6.49