Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
Learn more at skype.com
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.22
Welcome to Skype for iPhone. Here’s what’s new in this update:
· We’ve made Skype Credit balance notifications faster and more reliable.
· You are now able to purchase Skype Credit in more currencies.
· New connectivity status bar shows when Skype is updating your conversations or when you're having network problems.
· Notifications include much more content now.
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We are listening!
Awesome to use
It is effective and comes handy when you want calls be it skype to skype or to land line, mobile oversee. I call Malawi every-time and they have better deals worth of every cash you pay on monthly bases no lock in contract which is a bonus. I like and enjoy using this app and I strongly recommend to have
Perfect app for calling family overseas
Love Skype! Can catch up with my Mum and other family overseas regularly without breaking the bank - and clear lines too. Phoning from a mobile has never been easier or cheaper. Highly recommend.
Its a good app, however the cool feature of being able to scroll across screens (like zooming in) have been lost. The group calling features have been fixed slightly and the new status bar is quite handy. There are a few more things that could be fixed, but I'm pretty happy with these features,
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 22 August 2016
- Version: 6.22
- Size: 133 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$7.99