Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, supercharged with lots of new features and new ways to stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Messaging made amazing: More than just text. Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis and more. You can also respond to any message from your contacts with reactions.
• Great for groups: Add your favourite people and start chatting. Use groups to plan together, play together, for staying in touch or just for hanging out.
• Call everyone - Skype, mobiles and landlines: Free* video and voice calls make it easier to stay connected with friends and family. You’ll also enjoy low calling rates to mobiles and landlines worldwide with Skype.
• Never miss a moment with quick capture: Quickly swipe to capture photos and videos. Make them your own by adding emoticons, stickers and annotations.
• Share Highlights: Keep others updated with Highlights from your day. React to any Highlights with amazing emoticons or send a private message about that Highlight. Your Highlights only stay visible for 7 days to your followers.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
What's New in Version 8.13
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- General performance and reliability improvements.
Messaging still unavailable to non-Skype numbers
One of the main reasons I got Skype was so I could send sms’ to non-Skype numbers and only use data credit on my phone. But when they did that notorious update they got rid of that feature. They got many complaints and said they’d bring that feature back. They still haven’t... Let’s just say I’m looking for other options...
Can't receive calls!!
I click answer call for Skype in calls and it goes back to the Skype screen and it seems like it is on in there background but then I can't hear anything. This version is not working
Skype is a good app but lately this new update has a lot of microphone issues as I can’t hear the other end and overall there’s a lot of trouble with calls
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 11 January 2018
- Version: 8.13
- Size: 101 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$7.99