Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. There’s so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand.
Join over 250 million people every month using Skype
- Get started with Skype on your iPhone and find your friends in an instant.
Call friends on Skype
- Enjoy free voice and video calls to anyone else who is on Skype and make HD quality video calls from your iPhone 5.
Talk to friends in an instant
- Instant message your friends in a flash plus send emoticons.
- Stay in touch with friends and family even when they're busy or offline with unlimited, free video messages.
- Send photos on your iPhone directly to friends or family via Skype. There's no limit on the size of the photo you can send, so you can share a moment without reaching email size limits or paying expensive MMS charges.
Call mobiles and landlines
- Add a little Skype Credit to send low-cost SMS messages or call friends on their mobile or landline.
No WiFi? No problem
- Skype works on 3G* and WiFi – so you can stay in touch, even if you’re out and about.
Chat with anyone, anywhere
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and even TVs. Whatever device your friend or family uses, Skype just works. Simple.
Search the app store for other great apps from Skype:
- Skype for iPad
- Skype WiFi
* Operator charges may apply
* iOS 5 or above.
* Send and receive video using front or back camera on:
- iPhone family: iPhone4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5
- iPod Touch family: iPod Touch 4th Generation, iPod Touch 5th Generation
* Works with any H264 compatible devices, including TVs.
* This version works on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPod touch
What's New in Version 4.17.2
- General fixes.
The app has been updated to quite a bit in the past few years, getting mags whilst offline is NOT a plus, that is very annoying and should have an option to turn off and on.
Also, the app developed the ability to join group calls yet didn't make an option to start group calls, that is a downside when a call is to be made.
Furthermore, the app crashes, disconnects frequently during calls and most of all, fails to send and receive messages properly....
Needs an update
I love the app but only just recently I haven't been getting the notifications to let me know when someone is writing to me .. And I only get to talk to family or friends when they are available so I have been missing their messages or calls
The app is good you should definitely download it. BUT
I think it would be better if you could:
-start group chats
-send photos on group chats
-change you speech bubble colour
And I think it would be cool if u could hav a personal Skype page.
Otherwise it's awesome!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 04 March 2014
- Version: 4.17.2
- Size: 30.5 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2014 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$5.49