Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, supercharged with lots of new features and new ways to stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Messaging made amazing: More than just text. Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis and more. You can also respond to any message from your contacts with reactions.
• Great for groups: Add your favourite people and start chatting. Use groups to plan together, play together, for staying in touch or just for hanging out.
• Call everyone - Skype, mobiles and landlines: Free* video and voice calls make it easier to stay connected with friends and family. You’ll also enjoy low calling rates to mobiles and landlines worldwide with Skype.
• Never miss a moment with quick capture: Quickly swipe to capture photos and videos. Make them your own by adding emoticons, stickers and annotations.
• Share Highlights: Keep others updated with Highlights from your day. React to any Highlights with amazing emoticons or send a private message about that Highlight. Your Highlights only stay visible for 7 days to your followers.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
What's New in Version 8.3
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Share to Skype – share photos, videos and links to Skype from the iOS sharing menu.
- New themes – choose between light and dark themes.
- Activity indicators – see who's currently active in your Chats list.
- Re-order your chats – sort your chats by recent, unread or active.
- General performance and reliability improvements.
- still can't see who is online
- still can't access my contacts to call
- still terrible colour scheme
- my profile changes are not in sync - phone still has old number and location
- still can't change my status
Is anyone in Microsoft listening?
- another update that does not deliver the functionality users want!!!
- online and offline contacts
- access address book without handing over all contacts to Microsoft
- not all these squiggles, colours and ugly dark that make t even hard to look at the product
- just updated and really not that much better - how sad - you just don't get what people are looking for
-cannot see who is online anymore
- visually very hard to look at
- look and feel and ease of use overall have diminished significantly
- I cannot access my contact list to make calls - instead I'm asked to handover my contact list to Microsoft for syncing... really? You think that's ever going to happen? No writing all the numbers down to type in to call
- unnecessary emojis and colours and squiggles on the screen which are a distraction
As well as all of the other problems stated in numerous reviews, the most disappointing removal of functionality is the ability to send SMS from my mobile to non-skype users. I have Skype credit particularly for this purpose. I think it is quite crude in today's mobile society to have to use your PC to sent a SMS. Defeats the whole purpose of having a mobile app. I have a plan for voice to non-skype users which still works great, but the removal of SMS for mobiles is just pure stupidity. An excellent app has taken a massive step backwards!!!!
You really did.
Skype, you really messed up badly with this update. STOP trying to be a combination of Snapchat and Whatsapp. All my contacts got deleted, and to top it off, it synced old Microsoft contacts that I had deleted years ago. I have been getting messages of people telling me they can't get through to me through Skype, calling the Skype number I PAY FOR. This is the worst service of an app that I used to use every single day. You deserve no stars at all. I can honestly say I hate this app for what it has become.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 07 August 2017
- Version: 8.3
- Size: 94.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$7.99