Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to the new Skype for iPhone.
Remastered to put your conversations with the people who matter most at your fingertips.
Stay in touch with free messaging, voice or video calls on Skype.
• Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
• Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free messaging.
• Call your world from Skype - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
• Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
• Share your favorite snaps - Take a great photo you want to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
• Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
• Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more about the new Skype for iPhone at:
Search the App Store for other great apps from Skype:
• Skype Qik
• Skype for iPad
• Skype WiFi
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 5.10
· Improved chat notification reliability - we are continuing to work on improving reliability but if you encounter issues please let us know by tapping your profile picture, tapping the more button and selecting send feedback
· Now save phone numbers entered into the dial pad and numbers in the recent calls list
· General Improvements
Why can't Microsoft make such a simple app work?
I use Skype chat for work as we are spread out around the globe. Skype on PC is great and perfect for remote communication and collaboration. Why is its iOS app the complete opposite? The fundamental basis of an instant chat app is that it is instant. Why then does my phone or iPad go off at 6pm or some random time in the day receiving all the messages that were sent hours ago. Microsoft owns Skype, you would think they would easily be able make an instant messaging app. If Facebook, Viber, Twitter, Snapchat, Apple iMessage and countless others can do it, why can't Microsoft? I can't be in front of my computer all of the time but Skype offers no useful alternative for my phone. After years of the same issue, we may have to start looking at alternatives which is a shame because Skype on PC is great.
The rollercoaster continues
So this version has fixed the notifications slightly and the chat now manages to lose less messages. But now I'll get four notifications in a row about the same message and no badge icon. I checked my Notification settings for Skype and they're both turned on so its not my fault. C'mon guys. It's getting better for sure but it's just these little issues that keep holding you back.
Good - but interface could be improved
I have a skype premium account and make calls using the Skype app all day.
Here's some features that would be awesome!:
1) Once I hang up a call, take me immediately back to the dial screen - where I started from. As it is, I have to hit the back button, then the tiny keypad button at the bottom of the screen.
2) When you show me the keypad, it'd be nice to have some extra vertical space around the numbers. I have average sized man hands, it's easy to press the wrong button.
3) Please import my contacts from my phone. I don't want to hit a button to load my contacts. Just have them there waiting for me.
The first item would be awesome :)
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 09 February 2015
- Version: 5.10
- Size: 67.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, En, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$6.49