Monitor, manage and perfectly smoke your favourite BBQ from your iPhone or iPad while getting the weekend shopping done! Stress less, enjoy more, smoke perfectly!
The Smartfire App includes:
- Status screen provides a 'single look' status of the pit and food probes
- Setup Your Pit screen enables you to dial in your desired target pit temperature, along with high and low threshold alarms and a fan override switch.
- Setup Probe screen enables you to choose your target temperatures, alarms and nick names associated with a probe. You select the meat type associated with the probe, ie 'Pork' then either swipe or tap the left/right arrows to change the selection. The options available are Beef, Pork, Chicken, Fish and Custom. For each primary meat type, there are multiple meat and doneness combinations, ie 'Steak (medium rare) - 130F' within Beef.
- Settings screen to customise your pit type, temperature scale, whether alarm sounds are on and the desired alarm sound effect.
- Setup screen to pair your phone and Smartfire Controller and provide your WiFi credentials for the Controller to use
- Offline mode! It'll work as long as you loaded up the app somewhere that had data before you went camping!
- Can pin the menu drawer open (or closed) on tablets
- Few new food types like beef ribs, custom food probes have a larger temperature range
- Library updates for notifications etc to stop those crashes
- Open lid mode will save its setting!
- Celsius food target adjust now increments by 1 degree
- Side menu on some tablets
Contact via Smartfire BBQ FB Messenger any issues
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using my SmartFire for almost a year with great results. Most notable, I smoked a Christmas ham with minimal intervention and served 20 people.
When I received my NBN modem my ISP has changed the wifi settings that caused connectivity issues for my SmartFire and Chromecast. When I changed one setting on the wifi back to SmartFire’s recommended setting, it was great. Read the manual and double check new wifi.
Awesome product with fantastic support
This is a great product that continually evolves with each version and feedback from the user community. Will help control bbq on most cookers and does an amazing job keeping things steady for long periods of time.
“Jerome, Jerome, the metronome” steady as she goes. Just what you need
Social media login
The device is great and the old version of the app works well.
However the latest version forces you to login to a Facebook or Google account before you can use the device. I don’t have, nor intend to create, either of these. Please give a third option of ‘continue without’ so that it can be used like the old version.
Hi, could you please get in touch with Smartfire support (https://smartfirebbq.com/pages/support) and we can discuss why we've taken this step forward and a suggested solution for you.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.