By Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The SMH Newspaper app brings you an exact digital replica of The Sydney Morning Herald and The Sun-Herald newspapers – exactly as they are printed each day. The app includes everything in the newspaper, including all magazines and sections such as The Guide, Good Weekend, Good Living, Spectrum, Metro, Drive and Sunday Life.
- All users - first issue FREE when you download
- Home-delivery Herald subscribers get FREE access to the app as part of their newspaper subscription (for customers with home-delivery at least three days a week)
- Read the full content of the Herald newspaper – exactly as it’s printed
- Search for articles by keywords
- Share articles by email, Facebook and Twitter
- 14 days of archives
- Optional automatic download
- Read articles in the newspaper layout, or in a text box
- Manage your downloaded editions in a dedicated library
If you already use The Sydney Morning Herald Digital Edition on your desktop computer, you can access The SMH Newspaper app using this Digital Edition login.
New subscription packages will be available with the next update.
Your ideas and feedback will help guide future development. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.3.2
- Bug Fixes
What a disgrace
Is there anyone steering the good ship Fairfax? Suddenly the ‘Blue’ iPad app stops working with a ‘subscription expired message’ and after 2 weeks of trying to get through to Fairfax ‘customer service’ I find out that the Blue app isn’t supported anymore, and you have to use the ‘white’ app. So why is the ‘blue’ app still on the App Store? Why not pull it down and provide users with complete instructions on how to use the Blue app. I often wonder if anyone at Fairfax actually reads their paper via these digital versions?If I were the boss and had to try navigate this digital mess I would sack the entire team and start again - what a disgrace.
The updating of a new version of the paper immediately after downloading has been extremely frustrating lately, but now I can't even download a paper. It says my subscription has expired.
This often happens when it gets around to the date of automatic renewal, but only lasts a day. This time, it's not worked all week. Was there a leap year bug perhaps?
what a difference an update
I put up with the worst newspaper app I have ever used since 2011. Just to read the SMH overseas.
But WOW someone has actually done something about the app. All my complaints seem to have been resolved.
It now works like it should. Congratulations.
- Category: News
- Updated: 17 October 2015
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 32.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd
- © Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.