It often happens that when you are out somewhere and your friends or family text and ask you, “where are you and/or what are you doing?”. Now as simple as that question is, there’s a situation of how your reply can trigger a slightly longer conversation which can take you away from what you are doing. The scenario is, you are playing a game of Darts at McLaren’s Pub in New York with a few people and your friend messages you,
Friend: “Hey! where are you?”
You: “At McLaren’s pub!”
Friend: “Where’s that?”
In this case you would have to open either Google Maps or Apple Maps on your phone, find the location and then send it. Once you send the location,
Friend: “Got it, thanks! who are you with?”
You: “I am with Rachael and a bunch of uni friends”
Friend: “What are you guys doing?”
You: “Playing Darts”
Now what if I told you that you can sum up that entire conversation in one picture that you snap(click) with your phone! Yes that’s exactly what Snap! I was there can do for you! Here’s how this app works in this scenario
1) Your friend messages you when you are playing darts
2) On reading it, you open I was there on your phone and take a picture of the Dart board
3) The app uses AI to guess what’s in the image by entering that in the description and highlighting it for you to edit
4) If the AI didn’t guess correctly, you edit the description to say Playing Darts and write ‘with Rachael and uni friends’
5) The app will also get your location, date & time and store that with your “Playing Darts” image
6) Then you can share that image using one of the many sharing options that includes sms, Whatsapp etc
7) When you send that picture to your friend, it will add an extra layer of info on the bottom left of the image.
8) The info will have
a) “Playing Darts with Rachael and uni friends” on line 1,
b) “240 West 55th Street” on line 2
c) “12th Oct 2018 at 8:30pm” on line 3
As you can see that one message had all the information that you needed to give your friend, this way the app saves you some time which you can use to tell your friend, “come join us” :)
DOWNLOAD Snap! I was there today and save your time, it’s FREE!!
p.s. You can see the app also notes the Date & Time so if someone asks you what you got upto the day before? Again you can just send them a picture.
Made some UI fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Best picture app to keep all the memories in one place and remember where the picture was taken.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.