Soulver is a beautiful notepad calculator app that you will love. It has a new interface that is far more useful than a traditional style calculator, which lets you do calculations over multiple lines, and use words alongside numbers, so that they make sense. Use it for quick calculations, calculations involving variables & percentages, unit conversions, and for thinking through problems that involve math.
WHY SOULVER IS BETTER THAN A TRADITIONAL CALCULATOR:
– Instant answers as you type.
– Spread your calculations over multiple lines, and edit mistakes if you make them.
– Reference previous answers by tapping on them. These are live references, like in a spreadsheet.
– Easy percentage calculations using natural phrases like "15% off $350”, or "$250 + 12% tax", or "40 as a % of 390".
– Supports over 150 currencies (including Bitcoin), and has a specially designed currency keyboard for quick conversions.
– Custom variables across all your documents, and a special keyboard for quick access to them.
– All standard math and programming functions, also available on specially designed keyboards.
– Save your calculations into documents.
Soulver is also available for macOS.
– Support for the latest iPad Pros.
– Fixed a bug where some URL schemes were not working correctly on first launch.
Ratings and Reviews
Lost all my files
I used to love this app but new update removed integration with Dropbox and I lost all my old files. They should add at least a way to import those files (clicking + then “open file..” doesn’t work).
I updated this morning, now Soulver doesn't work at all.
Get a screen that looks OK then it just gets rid of the keyboard and does nothing.
Hopefully a worthwhile update soon.
Great app, keypad needs work
I would have given this app 5 stars if it wasn't for the keypad.
You can slide the keypad to select different modes, which is great, but often when punching in numbers fast, it slides the keypad instead of entering the number.
You can turn off all keypads but the normal numeric keypad, which stops the sliding issue, but there is no way to change keypads then so it limits the features of the app.
Also if you turn the keypads off, the keypad still sits a bit high off the bottom of the screen (where the current keypad indicators were) which means that sometime when trying to press 0 it does not register because I hit the screen to low.
If an alternative way to select keypads were available I will change my rating to 5 stars because this really is a great app and there is nothing like it on it on the App Store. I also have it on OS X and it is epic there too!
- Acqualia Software
- 9.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018, Acqualia Software
- In-App Purchases
- Send a Bento Box $14.99
- Send Small Fries $2.99
- Send a Bagel & Coffee $7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.