Sound English® is for teens and adults who need a very basic literacy resource that's relevant to their interests while not being patronising.
Level One books are based on sounds used in Australian pronunciation.
There are ten books on each app.
Most of the ten books feature one phoneme (sound). Two of the books feature two phonemes.
• Students can listen to a human voice reading the text in an Australian accent.
• In each book the featured phoneme is highlighted in colour no matter how it's spelt.
• Each word is underlined as it's being spoken.
• To hear any word spoken again in a different voice, just tap on it.
• The app is likely to help students with spelling as well as listening, reading and writing.
Update for iPhone 6
- Bruce Mitchell
- 54.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2013 Publishing & Data
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.