Music discovery, identification, & voice-controlled player with 300M+ downloads and billions of songs discovered.
Hey, what song is that? SoundHound 8 makes it simple to discover music playing around you. Whether you’re in the car or out and about, open the app, hit the big orange SoundHound button, let your phone listen for a few seconds, and we’ll tell you exactly what’s playing! Some folks have called it pure magic, and we tend to agree.
SoundHound comes equipped with “OK Hound…”, an incredibly powerful way to interact with SoundHound through your voice. “OK Hound…” can help you navigate the app, discover new music and playback songs hands-free. Simply say ‘OK Hound...’ from any screen and say a command! Hound is built with natural language understanding, so speak like you would with a friend.
Discovering new music is only half the fun of SoundHound. We’re music lovers too, so we’ve created an incredible experience for you to relive your discoveries with our music player. Connect your Apple Music or Spotify accounts to listen again, build playlists, explore music across genres, and find new favorites - all with real-time, karaoke-style lyrics through LiveLyrics®. Don’t have an Apple Music or Spotify subscription? No sweat, we have you covered with our free, built-in YouTube player. This is your music journey. Every song you discover will be kept in your own personal history.
Still curious about SoundHound? Here’s everything you need to know!
• Tap the SoundHound button in the app, in the notification center widget, or via 3D touch on the app icon to discover music playing around you! We’ll let you know everything about the song including title, artist, album, and lyrics!
• Have a song stuck in your head? Press the SoundHound button, sing or hum the tune and we’ll do the rest!
• To add the SoundHound widget to your notification center, swipe right on your iPhone’s lock screen. From there, scroll to the bottom, tap ‘Edit’ and then the ‘+’ next to SoundHound. You’re now ready to go!
• Keep track of all your discoveries in your own personal history
• See the hottest new music across Genre, Global, and Popular charts
• Find out what’s being played near you and around the world with our Music Map
• Use the Apple Watch app to quickly discover music and sing-along with LiveLyrics. Users with a cellular connected Apple Watch can use the app without being connected to an iPhone
• Songs you discover can be played back for free via our built-in YouTube player
• View lyrics when playing back a song from YouTube
• Simply say ‘OK Hound....’ from any screen or tap the microphone on the play page. Once you see the listening panel, you can follow up with commands including:
App Navigation: ‘OK Hound… Show me my discoveries’
Help/Questions: ‘OK Hound… Show me what I can say’
Music Discovery: ‘OK Hound… What’s that song?’
Song Playback: ‘OK Hound... Play Hello by Adele’
Lyrics Search: ‘OK Hound... Show me lyrics to Castle on the Hill’
Top Charts: ‘OK Hound...Play today’s top songs’
Playlists (Spotify account & registration required): ‘OK Hound… Play my Discover weekly playlist on Spotify’
Add to Spotify Playlist (Spotify account & registration required): ‘OK Hound… Add this song to my playlist’
• Build personalized playlists through Apple Music or Spotify (SoundHound account and music subscription required)
• Access Spotify playlists for a richer playback experience through SoundHound
• View and interact with real-time, moving lyrics for your songs with LiveLyrics(r)
• Keep all of your discoveries in sync across multiple devices
• Share your music discoveries to Facebook, Twitter, messaging services, and email!
REVIEWS & ACCLAIM
• Top 10 Must-Have iPhone Apps - Bob Tedeschi, NY Times
• Best Music Engagement App - BILLBOARD Music App Awards
• "Genius, isn't it?" - B.B.C. World Radio
Don’t want banner ads? Upgrade to SoundHound∞: https://04ii.app.link/RXaRXypntA
You can now use Siri shortcuts for SoundHound! For example, ask Siri, “What song is this?” and SoundHound will open and automatically identify the songs playing around you. There’s also a new animation that plays when a discovered song is added to your History.
Staying up-to-date on the latest tech? We added support for Apple Watch 4! And lastly, strong passwords can now be automatically generated when creating a SoundHound account on iOS 12.
Ratings and Reviews
Used to be great now unusable
I just want to open sound hound and find out what song is playing and save that in history.
Now it comes up with some unexitable demo about how to play songs with speech recognition. Wants you to sign-up. Keeps prompting things, plays Justin Bieber songs.
I just want the one function that it used to have, that now I can't even find where it is. This is the most important function and the only reason to have the app. It should be extremely easy to reach so it's no brainer in the car to catch the song before it's over.
Just a great App. When listening to the radio, have SH listening too, within a few seconds it will identify that long lost title n artist, saving you racking your brains n memory to do the same thing. Then if necessary take a screen shot as backup. Now with U Tube playback....just great. Well done, highly recommended. Thnx 😊😊😊
For older people with decades of music listening behind them SOUND HOUND is pure gold !
Great app for identifying music titles
Can pick up most music very well and identify accurately. I’m loving this app and would totally recommend it to anyone who wants to identify music titles. Can identify a large number of songs title which are in English well.
- SoundHound, Inc.
- 103.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2015 SoundHound Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-Free, Extra Features $10.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.