SoundNote is the best way to take notes in meetings, lectures, and interviews. It tracks what you type and draw while recording audio, so you'll never worry about missing an important detail. During playback, just tap a word: SoundNote will jump right to the proper time in the audio.
• Use SoundNote's powerful drawing tool for quick sketches. It's easy to edit them, too. Tap a drawing to select it, or tap twice to select an individual stroke. From there, you can drag it to wherever you want, or tap "Delete" to get rid of it. Use two fingers to zoom and scroll.
• SoundNote is perfect for students. If you ever fall asleep in class, don't worry — SoundNote's got your back. Just tap what you wrote while you were awake, and SoundNote will play the audio to help you fill in the blanks.
• SoundNote is also great for journalists. Ever miss an important detail during an interview and have to skim through your entire recording to find out what it was? With SoundNote, just tap a word from that part of the interview — it'll play back what you missed.
• When you're done, share your text, drawings, and audio notes via email, or transfer them directly to your Mac or PC. Audio notes are recorded in standard M4A format: One hour of high quality audio is only 25MB.
Fixes for Dropbox support. This update will be required to continue using Dropbox after June 28th, 2017.
Ratings and Reviews
When all you want to do is record and take notes of an interview or lecture, this is great. I love the ability to tap on my typing and listen to the recording at that point. And if you want to do more, share audio and text via dropbox. One of my few “always used” apps.
4 1/2 stars
I've downloaded a few of this type of application and this is my favorite. It's straight forward and easy to use. I have found that I don't type that many notes any more, during lectures and meetings. With SoundPaper recording, I can concentrate on the discussion, not on writing notes. Afterwards, I play back the recording, and add any extra notes while I listen to it again. Those additional notes are also synchronised with the redorded audio. I can update my notes as often as I like. I would like to see the ability to import old recordings. Ones made on my iPhone before I bought SoundPaper. I don't know if it's even possible with Apple's restrictions. I'd also like Rich Text Formatting and the ability to insert photo's into my notes. The developer replies to emails fairly quickly - considering that he is prpbably a solo programmer. So, SoundPaper is definitely worth the price.
Twenty Stars - Ideal for meetings
This is the best App purchased to Date. Recorded an hour long meeting with 6 people around a large boardroom - range of microphone is very good - even contained in Apple's standard iPad case. The App is also easy on the batter). Discovered if an audio file is too large to email (ie. 51mins = 24Mb in this case) you are directed to a URL to download file - with options to download text, pdf, pdf + Audio or just Audio. I have since added the m4a file to iTunes and can easily transcribe the entire meeting with the functionality of iTunes pause, fast forward, rewind, etc, Send clients audio or the transcript. Sure beats spending time taking notes ignoring the Client scribbling, affords you more time to respond to Client queries and thoughts.
- David Estes
- 7.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2017 David Estes
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.