***The Strongholds expansion is available now! Build fortresses or destroy those of your opponents to gain a decisive advantage and develop new strategies that will lead to victory!***
The OFFICIAL digital adaptation of the best-selling board game Splendor.
In Splendor, you embody a rich merchant during the Renaissance. You will use your resources to acquire mines, transportation methods, and artisans who will allow you to turn raw gems into beautiful jewels, attract nobles and earn prestige.
Press Reviews and awards:
** Spielbox: ""The app is a sparkling jewel…""
** Pocket Tactics: ""... I’m not sure there’s a better looking board game app on the market.""
** Pocket Gamer: ""... it's a sure-fire winner.""
** Forbes: ""...high replay value. Looks and sounds great, plays smoothly...""
** Play Board Games: ""The Splendor App is pretty splendid...""
** Purple Pawn: ""The quality of the tabletop-to-mobile adaptation is first-rate.""
** Honor: Best Board Game App 2015 (BoardGameGeek)
** Received the award of the Golden Geek Best Board Game App 2015
The digital version of Splendor faithfully adapts all the various elements of the Space Cowboys’ award-winning board game:
- Fast and easy to learn, yet hard to master.
- Lavish graphics and cards, true to the original game.
- “Renaissance” graphical and musical ambiance.
- Solo mode, pass & play and online multiplayer (2 to 4 players).
- An exclusive game mode: scenario-based “Challenges”.
- Historically-accurate background stories for Challenges set in the 15th to 16th centuries.
- Multiple types of Artificial Intelligence, based on unique strategy behaviors instead of difficulty.
- 3-minute step-by-step interactive tutorial to learn the game and digital interface.
- Achievements board.
- Worldwide leaderboards and rank system by connecting with a Days of Wonder account.
- Two expansions available: set off to discover the greatest cities in Europe with The Cities, or refine your strategies and counter your opponents with The Strongholds. The expansions are available to buy from the game store!
Splendor introduces a special game mode called Challenges. Challenges are based on historical events and anecdotes of the 15th and 16th centuries, setting up a real scenario in various places across the world. They teach you advanced techniques and offer rules variants. They put the player in unique situations with a goal to reach. Either earn a certain number of points or pick up a special card combination, in a limited time or limited number of moves.
Become a game expert and achieve 48 challenges along the trading routes of the world (Madrid, St. Petersburg…), not to mention duels facing great historical figures such as Charles V or Marie Stuart.
Languages available: English, French, German
Having an issue? Looking for support? Please contact us:
You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and You Tube!
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/asmodeedigital
Winter has arrived on Splendor 2.3.6
-Temporary winter themed menu
-Big unstability issue that caused crash at launch has been fixed on :
iPad 5G (Air)
iPad 6G (Air 2)
iPad mini 4
iPhone 7 +
iPhone 8 +
iPhone XS Max
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant game - but too many bugs
I absolutely love this game. Graphics are beautiful, the game concepts are replicated well.
However the online game functionality is unstable.
I’m yet to play an online game where it hasn’t bugged out. Examples include:
*stalling on opponents play and then injecting an AI to play your turn
* resuming play after being booted out, you can find that tokens that you think you’ve secured are entirely missing
* after resuming a game, no score cards begin attributing 1 point every time you pick them up
* in AI games scoring can be erratic (ie I have been attributed a score that I will never be able to beat for a game where I should not have won)
One suggestion: there are many options for the online games to choose opponent attributes, but it would be great to be able to choose the time as well. Ie a 1 minute play option (my personal opinion is that the 2 minute play rule is causing a lot of timing out issues).
Too many bugs
It worked brilliantly for a few games and then it ceased playing at all.
None of the Play options worked. If you manage to get onto the actual game. You can't actually chose your options.
Don't buy this game unless you like to waste your time and feel frustrated.
Why such an established company CANNOT write a good games program is beyond me. It seems a common experience.
This is a pity as the game, when it does play is fantastic.
I've been using this app for a long time with no faults. Worked perfectly 100%. Tried to use it recently to find it doesn't work at all. Graphics intro loads and expansion pack comes up to buy. Tried the Restore Purchase option to try and retrieve my original purchased option and it's bugging out. I don't want the expansion, I just want what I paid for to work. Simple really.
- Asmodee Digital
- 151.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Splendor digital published by Asmodee Digital. Original game created and published by Space Cowboys.
- In-App Purchases
- Splendor - The Cities $2.99
- Splendor - The Strongholds $4.49
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.