Splice - Video Editor (Free)
By Path 36, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"With all the...not so great apps out there...it was a breath of fresh air to try your app." - AppAdvice.com
Splice together HD photos and videos in an amazingly simple way. Add music tracks from your iPod library, sound effects, transitions, borders, effects (like Ken Burns, slow motion and fast forward), trim video and audio, narrate with your own voice, and much more. (Available on the iPhone 4/3GS and iPod Touch running iOS 4.2)
* This is the free version of our award winning Splice Video Editor paid app, which was recently selected by Apple as one of the top apps in 2010 for the "Hot Trends in 2010 for Shoot, Edit, Share" category *
WHAT'S NEW in Version 2.0:
HD support, advanced audio editing, in-app purchase of music/sound fx/borders, Ken Burns, slow motion, fast forward, custom video trimmer, custom photo/video picker that allows time-saving bulk imports onto timeline, multiple audio tracks, scrub on preview, help screen, feedback button, and many other user interface, performance and usability improvements.
Splice allows you to create and edit videos from start to finish via your iPhone or iPod Touch with no laptop or desktop computer necessary. The power of Hollywood is now with you, anytime, anywhere.
Splice is the most advanced, portable video editing and audio production mobile application on the market.
Splice puts you in total control, allowing users to assemble video clips, music, photos, visual effects, text, audio mixing, and creative expression, along with exacting synchronization of sound effects and voice-overs. Your only limit is your imagination.
Splice offers a host of special features that cannot be found on any other portable video editing/production app, thereby delivering a high level of sophistication coupled with ease of use.
Splice EXCLUSIVE features include:
• Simple, easy-to-use ‘drop-and-drag’ features for assembling video clips and photos
• Splice Store with hundreds of sound effects, music tracks and borders that can be purchased to enhance your videos
• Time-saving multi photo/video picker for adding new content to the timeline
• Control and mix for multiple tracks of audio
• Intuitive and easy to use time line
• Precise synchronization of music tracks, sound effects and a narration track
Other Splice features:
• Output in HD quality (only on HD devices)
• Ability to add music from iTunes or other music sources
• Preloaded with music and sound effects
• Ability to add visual effects (such as slow motion and fast forward)
• Ability to transitions
• Ability to apply Ken Burns effects to photos and videos
• Ability to title slides with custom text positioning and resizing
Our award-winning technical team is committed to delivering the best video production application possible. We are excited by the possibilities and value your feedback as we help Splice users share their world with the rest of the world.
What's New in Version 2.2.8
iPhone 4S/iOS 5.0 related bug fixes
This app is absolutely fantastic. I have made and shared many videos with family and friends. Definitely worth getting for anyone who loves editing. It includes slow-mo and the ability to speed a video up and stitch you HD videos together. There is so much to look forward to. There are a few things I'd like you to include like being able to maybe slow down a certain part of a video and making a video play in reverse. But other than that great job! Ü
Next, I found a bug where whenever you export a video it makes the video's screen black and not playing anything! Is there something I can do to change this or is it indeed as I said, "a bug"? But all up I give your app a five star rating and wish you well in the future! Bai all!
PS: Get this freaking awesome app, it's worth it!
I think most people writing comments here need to update their phones! Works great for me on iPhone 3GS 32GB iOS 5.1 update. You can trim video and music, can mix multiple tracks and movies or pics, it can slow and speed up video, you can add titles, save to gallery via the export button when finished and upload to face book from camera roll or use the app to upload to utube. It also has some color effects. The only bad point is you have to pay 4.95 to remove adds and individually pay for upgrade packs such as sound effects. Oh and it is so easy to use! Just watch the how to vid it comes with.
Seems to offer great flexibility. I loved my slideshow, but although it keeps saying it has exported to my camera roll, the slideshow isn't there; I can't save or share it. I also had a problem with a black screen where some photos should be, but this resolved on another preview attempt. Unfortunately each attempt to re-export uses another big chunk of my phone's memory even though the slideshow isn't saved on my phone. The app seems to save multiple copies somewhere within the app (though only one copy of the project shows up). I have to delete the app & my project which I couldn't save as the app is now using way too much memory.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 16 July 2013
- Version: 2.2.8
- Size: 18.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Path 36, LLC
- © Path36, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Remove Ads$4.99
- Border Package #1 (10 Borders)$2.49
- Border Package #2 (10 Borders)$2.49
- Movie Effects (9 Borders)$2.49
- Music Package #1 (5 Sounds)$3.79
- Dies Irae$1.29
- Sound FX Package #1 (25 Sounds)$3.79
- Vignette Pack$1.29
- Film Roll$1.29
- Music Package #2 (5 Tracks)$3.79