Spriggy is designed for families to use together.
What’s in it for Parents:
- Automated pocket money payments. No more missed allowances.
- No more searching for cash, or your kids losing it.
- Get more help with household chores as kids learn to earn.
- Teach children how to save money, not use debt.
- Track spending as it happens.
- Give your children responsibility and independence.
- Lock the card at any time for a financial grounding.
- Transfer emergency funds instantly when needed.
What’s in it for kids:
- Get your pocket money on time, every time.
- Learn to save for the future.
- Spend money where you want to, with our prepaid Spriggy card, online and in-store with payWave.
- Be independent and make your own choices.
- Receive money in an emergency.
What our Spriggy families have to say:
"Spriggy has taught my daughter the values of house chores to earn her pocket money. I have never had such cooperation from my daughter before I'm not having to repeat myself when asked to do something." – Melissa
“Spriggy has taught Jayden 10yrs, money doesn't grow on trees. His pocket money is transferred weekly if his jobs are done & his room is clean. Any extra money he earns by doing extra jobs. He also used the awesome goal feature to save for new running spikes for his athletics carnival. It has taught him the value of money & how to save. Thankyou Spriggy!” - Kylee
“Ella is enjoying the challenge of setting savings goals, and being able to watch her balance grow is a huge motivator. She feels so proud of herself when she can buy herself something special.” - Courtney
How it works:
1. Signup online in minutes
2. Receive your child’s personalised prepaid Visa card in the post
3. Link any Australian debit card or bank account
4. Set up automatic pocket money transfers to your children
5. Cards can be used in stores or online - anywhere Visa is accepted
6. Monitor saving and spending with your children
7. Lock/unlock card instantly if misplaced
8. Instantly transfer funds in an emergency
Spriggy is on a mission to help raise financial literacy in Australian kids. Spriggy was launched in 2016 throughout Australia. We are an Australian business, fully independent from the banks.
Spriggy was developed on the understanding that life's best financial lessons are taught, practically, at a young age.
Spriggy has over 37,000 members in Australia, with over 77% of member families seeing a positive change in how their kids handle money since using Spriggy.
To learn more about how Spriggy can help your family teach kids about money, head to our website - https://www.spriggy.com.au/
You asked, and we listened! Spriggy is now available for kids from ages 6-17.
Thanks to all the members that sent us feedback about your family’s needs, we love improving Spriggy for you. This update furthers Spriggy’s mission to help young Australians have happier and healthier relationships with money.
The best lessons are learnt early!
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome for teaching responsibility around money!
This system has been an absolute godsend in my house. I rarely have cash on me and my kids were always asking for pocket money. With Spriggy, I set up the weekly pocket money and don’t have to think about it again.
It has taught my kids responsibility around money and how to save for things they want. It’s also taught them some tough lessons too. Like when they spend their money on rubbish and I refuse to give them more money, all of a sudden they realise they don’t have the money for what they really want. It’s changed the way they think about spending.
Great for motivating them to do their chores around the house too. Several times, they have had their pocket money reduced or stopped because they weren't doing what was asked of them.
I would recommend Spriggy to anyone who would listen and have referred many friends who are now using it too.
The only features I would like to see added, is the option to take cask out at an ATM and to be able to transfer money between Kids. They often strike up deals, or buy things off each other.
Best pocket money app for our family
We love Spriggy as a pocket money option. I rarely have cash on me, so it’s great that my children get their pocket money every week like clockwork. With it being a debit card it is teaching them to make realistic purchases based on the funds they already have. It takes 3 seconds to transfer funds from their savings account onto their cards before our shopping dates and they love the independence of using “their” money. I love how contactable and personable the staff are. This has really had a wonderful and positive impact on our family. Well done Spriggy!!
Pretty good way to enable kids to plan saving and practically use money day to day
I was given a heads up on this type of app-based cash card by my brother who uses a similar system for his kids in the UK (different provider to Spriggy, AFAIK). It works for his high school aged kids, so worth a try.
We’ve used it for around a month over Christmas (month free trial) and it’s sticky enough an idea / workflow that we’re going to pay for the year and see how that goes.
Short version so far:
- topping up the parent account works much better and is much faster if parents have a debit card (credit cards do NOT work at all, options to get money from parents’ bank to Spriggy are either A. Debit card (transfers in minutes) or B. savings account transfer (transfers in up to 4 days).)
- kids PayPass/PayWave works
- needs to fit into a workflow that fits how your family works
- some stuff (pocket money for example) can be automated
Liking it so far.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.