St John First Responder App’s main feature notifies a suitably qualified app user of an incident in their vicinity, giving them an opportunity to provide first aid to the persons needing it. Once an incident is accepted the app will display a map showing both the incident location, app user location and the shortest path to the incident, as well as a live tracker of an approaching ambulance.
- First aid guides
- 000 dialer
- CPR metronome
- Nearest automated external defibrillators (AED) locations
- Nearest medical centres and emergency departments
- Access to first aid tips
- Special offers from St John Ambulance WA
- Your courses and course reminders
- Upload the location of new external defibrillators (AED) locations
- First responder incidents heatmap
- Patient transport services information
The app integrates with the St John Ambulance WA website and allows course purchases at discounted prices.
* Please note that the First Responder App is designed for use in Western Australia. App features such as Nearby Defibrillators, Nearby Medical Centres and First Responder Incidents are only supported for Western Australian locations.
- Added support for two levels of First Responders: BASIC and ADVANCED.
- The BASIC level is available through ID verification.
- The ADVANCED level is for users who have completed a HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course or equivalent.
- Added the ability to upgrade your level from BASIC to ADVANCED, after you have completed a first aid course.
- Added support for retrying the upload certificate/document function, if your first upload was reviewed and marked as invalid.
Ratings and Reviews
Good for first aid tips and tracking your first aid certificate expiry dates, BUT the only time I get first responder notifications is when I’m at work and I’m 100klms away from the nearest town on a mine site.
Hi Clint, thanks for your feedback. This issue you have seen was fixed in the latest version of the app (version 1.3.16). Please ensure you are running the latest version and do let us know if you still get the same behaviour occurring. You can always email us directly on StJohnMobileApp@stjohnambulance.com.au for direct support.
Current version neither helpful for me, nor the community
The app (both in iphone & ipad) isnt recognising that it has all of the relevant permissions to move FR status to Online.
Fantastic idea, poor execution.
Thankyou for your feedback. Please get in touch with us to diagnose your issue - there are iPhone settings related to Background App Refresh which may be causing this and they can be tricky to get right. There are many iPhone users who have responded to incidents, so we know our app is working. The app support email is StJohnMobileApp@stjohnambulance.com.au and the app FAQ page is here - http://www.stjohnambulance.com.au/online-resources/st-john-first-responder-app/st-john-first-responder-app-faqs
- St John Ambulance Western Australia Ltd
- 164.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © St John Ambulance Western Australia Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.