Star Walk is the most beautiful stargazing app you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. It will become your interactive astro guide to the night sky, following your every movement in real-time and allowing you to explore over 200, 000 celestial bodies with extensive information about stars and constellations that you find.
***Over 10 million users! Winner of Apple Design Award 2010***
“Star Walk is a remarkably in-depth and detailed astronomy app. There's so much you can do with this app” - Common sense media
“Star Walk is the best stargazing application I have come across for the iPhone. Many of the features found within the application cannot be found in any others! This is one of the best developed and executed applications I have seen to hit the app store.” - iMore
“This app brings the old paper star chart into the smartphone age, and makes exploring the night sky easily accessible to everyone.” - Soggy Astronomer
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
“It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go.”
Star Walk now works with Apple Watch to alert you of upcoming astronomical events.
- Night sky map with thousands of stars, constellations and other sky objects
- Real-time celestial bodies tracking
- Augmented reality view
- Night mode
- Extensive information about celestial bodies
- The ability to travel in time with “Time machine”
- Astronomical calendar with various celestial events
- Stunning space pictures in “Picture of the Day”
- A wealth of information on the amount of daylight, phase of the moon, and visibility of the planets in “Sky Live”
Astronomical calendar, deep space objects, meteor showers, dwarf planets, asteroids, comets, and satellites are available through in-app purchases or a subscription.
• Launch the app and point your device at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place from your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time.
• Every object you tap has an (i) next to its name, tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the “Time machine”, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• A calendar of celestial events will make sure you never miss anything interesting.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
• Star Walk is your personal planetarium. Project to a big screen with no picture quality loss.
STAR WALK PLUS gives you access to the calendar with astronomical events, deep space objects, meteor showers, dwarf planets, asteroids, comets, and satellites. It offers a one-week free trial followed by an auto-renewing subscription. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Subscription may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Start your stargazing experience now!
+ Fixed the problem with unlocking paid content for those users who have purchased the app earlier in a bundle.
Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, remarks or suggestions: email@example.com.
Thank you for your reviews on the App Store - they are highly appreciated!
Ratings and Reviews
Just one tiny thing...
Love the app but a little thing... when there is a red flag indicating a message or notification you open up the app and .... nothing.
If you’ve got something to tell me, tell me. Please.
Response to developer: I guess I’ve got flags turned on but notifications turned off - so I see the flag but not the text of the notification. Thus the lonely flag leads me to expect something when I open the app.
It’s no big thing but when apps like mail and other messaging apps have the red flag they somehow show the relevant messages when you open the app. I was just expecting this to follow the ‘norm’. One of the great beauties of the Apple ecosystem is that things work - and different things work the same ... mostly. This just broke my with expectations.
This is not a major criticism - the app is still great.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. Your remark is taken into consideration. We send ntifications to keep users up to date with the latest celestial events. It is assumed that you read the text of the notification and go to the app.
This app is really interesting and you learn a lot about all the satellites. If an object is close enough you may even see it moving. When you search something in the search bar it will automatically take to the celestial body. So in other words..... THIS APP IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Developer Response ,
We are excited to receive such feedback. Thank you so much for the kind words!
The only reason to take your phone camping
This app is extremely super user friendly. Top notifications, just shake your phone to realign, point at your area of curiosity in the sky to know what you're looking at.
Developer Response ,
We are so glad you love our app. Thank you and happy stargazing!
- Vito Technology Inc.
- 174 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2019 Vito Technology Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Star Walk Plus 1 Month Access $1.49
- Star Walk Plus 1 Year Access $7.49
- Unlimited Premium Access $14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.