By Steinway Musical Instruments
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Steinway & Sons, maker of the world’s finest pianos for more than 150 years and a name that is synonymous with excellence in music, has created a full-featured digital metronome for the 21st century musician. Whether you’re a performing artist, music teacher, or music student, this app ensures that you have a fully functional metronome wherever you go.
With Steinway's Metronome, you can dial in the tempo of the piece you're practicing, or just tap along to let the app find it. Customize the time signature, visual indicator, and sound options to your own preferences. You can even change the app's interface based on your personal taste – or to match the wood finish of your instrument. Best of all, it's free!
* Clear, accurate time-keeping
* Displays the correct musical term for the current tempo
* "Tap" mode lets you find the tempo of a piece by tapping along
* Works in both portrait and landscape modes
* Dealer Finder lets you find the exclusive Steinway dealer in your area
* 9 time signature settings: 2/2, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8.
* 8 wood finishes available: African Cherry Makore, Cherry, East Indian Rosewood, Kewazinga Bubinga, Macassar Ebony, Mahogany, Santos Rosewood, and Walnut
* Interface Sounds switch
* Visual indicator settings: flash on all beats, downbeats, or none.
What's New in Version 1.1.4
- Added 7/8 time signature
- Fixed playback on 12/8ths time signature
I'm a piano teacher and pro musician and I use this app every day - including to determine tempos of tunes I have to learn or add time specific effects to, like delay or echo. Tap function is excellent. Interface great looking. Sounds good. Keeps time - not sure what the complaints below are about? One gripe: bit tricky making 'fine' tempo adjustments. Digital entry of the exact tempo would be a good future addition. Great app.
Best Metronome from Apps store. May use it instead of my regular one.
I have downloaded other apps similar to this, many are just annoying and infuriating at the lack of things you could do with it. The things I like about it is that it has :
-flashing, so if you can't hear the beats at least you can see them (it can be disabled of course)
-a mute button
-more time signatures to choose from as well as an option to switch them completely off
- a tap button (but that doesn't come to much use to me)
- overall presentation of app
This app far exceeds other downloadable apps in this store. Very good quality, and best part it is FREE.
one of my highest used apps.
This is by far the best free metronome app out there.
but, is it possible to get the 7/8 time signature to beat in groups of 3-2-2??
it suits the piece I'm playing better than what it is now.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 28 September 2011
- Version: 1.1.4
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steinway Musical Instruments, Inc.
- © Copyright 2010 Steinway Musical Instruments, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.