Track how far you walk and how many steps you take. Always on, works on all iPhones.
Steps is a pedometer and activity tracker. It shows you just how much you're moving in a simple, elegant way. Set a goal. As you walk, the colors change to show your progress like a sunrise. No noise, no extra gadget to wear and nothing to distract you.
Everyone should walk 10,000 steps every day for their health, but many of us don't go that far. With Steps, you can easily track how far you go every day, set a goal, and get moving!
- Clear, uncluttered design and changing color tells you at a glance how far you've gone today
- Easily set and adjust goals
- Calorie tracking, customized for your body and activity
- Track and share your full activity history
- Check in quickly from your Apple Watch or Notification Center on your iPhone
- Integrates with Apple Health to combine data from your Apple Watch or other connected devices
ALWAYS ON, WORKS WITH THE PHONE YOU HAVE
- Always on and tracking, no need to press start and stop buttons
- Works anywhere on your body
- Works with any iPhone running iOS 7 or greater
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
To track your activity in the background on the iPhone 4, 4S, 5 and 5c, Steps keeps track of your location. We've gone to great lengths to minimize battery use and make sure your charge still lasts all day, but there's no getting around some impact on your battery.
*** A note on location ***
Steps needs access to your location in order to track how far you walk in the background. If Steps doesn't update while it's in the background, please open the Settings app and go to Privacy -> Location Services. Make sure that you have enabled Location Services for Steps -- this should resolve the issue. Thanks!
- This version offers much better performance and reliability of the widget (widgets are the things you can add to your notification center)
- Miscellaneous bugfixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app
Was quite happy with the inbuilt health app on iPhone 6 for counting steps and distance walked - UNTIL Apple did an software upgrade a few weeks ago and their app suffered badly. So hunted around and read reviews on Steps app and decided to try it. I haven't been disappointed and in fact have recommended to all my friends with iPhones - who also thought that the Apple software upgrade did not do their health app any favors. This app is just so much better and I love it. In fact I have to stop myself clicking on the icon all the time to see how far I've walked!!
Can we reduce sensitivity?
Great app, cute design, really love it especially how it runs in the background without needing data on! However noticed that if I tap my phone on a surface (or for instance drive down my farm's bumpy driveway) it clocks up my steps? Not complaining, just feel like I'm cheating a bit 😂 is there any way we can reduce the sensitivity of the tracker so that it responds to less bumps that aren't steps?? Great app though, and even if this doesn't happen I'm definitely still going to use it haha
On track with steps
My working life is intermittent at the moment and so the amount of walking has become more important as an exercise for my health and to know how far I have walked gives me a good guide to how much extra I need to do for my health conditioning every day just put in my pocket and off I go very easy and great to see at night how many I have chewed through the day
- Phillip Kast
- 74.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014-2019
- In-App Purchases
- Calorie Tracking $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.