By Metro Trains Melbourne Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- uses the location of your smart device to provide push alerts to let you know when your public transport stop is approaching;
- can be used in addition to other announcements which may already be provided by your public transport operator;
- will let you know if your location signal has dropped out;
- has been developed to assist vision and hearing impaired customers; and
- is endorsed by the Australasian Railway Association.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
- Changed toggle button terminology
- Updated accessibility hints
- Select all stops settings option
I have a vision impairment and amount of times I don't have announcements on trains is frustrating. This app gives me independence which I would have not had otherwise. I would like to see this app being used on other forms of transport such as trams and busses. Now there is a phone signal in the loop, I would like to use it in the loop too. Very useful especially when I'm listening to music on transport.
Thanks for a great little app, perfect for when I have a little sleep or park at a different station.
People who don't have long journeys on trains probably don't get how useful it is
The reviewer below does have a point. I was expecting a journey planner but this app is nothing but. Well at least there is an app for melbourne transport out, this just needs to be reworked to suit the needs of commuters. We need to be having information such as: ie timetable, how long a train will be, train delay information, bus routes etc.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 06 August 2014
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 1.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Metro Trains Melbourne Pty Ltd
- © 2014 Metro Trains Melbourne Pty. Ltd. (ACN 136 429 948)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.