Strava Running and Cycling - GPS Run and Ride Tracker
By Strava, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Fitness” -Fast Company
Track your runs and rides with GPS, join Challenges and see how your running and riding compares with friends.
TRACK YOUR RUNS AND RIDES WITH GPS
• Follow routes you’ve created or found and view your activity map as you record
• Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate, power and cadence data from ANT+ and Bluetooth LE sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and see how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Find your friends and motivate them with kudos and and comments
• Share your activities on Facebook and Twitter
• Share Instagram photos from your activities on your Strava profile
FIND PLACES TO RUN AND RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Filtered leaderboards by age and weight to see where you stack up
• Train more effectively with detailed heart rate analysis and see your Suffer Score
• Get your performance results immediately after completing a segment
• See which of your friends are currently out riding or running
• Stay on top of your game throughout the year with indoor training videos
• Visualize your training with Power Zone and Pace Distribution analysis
• Access to exclusive Premium gear, Shop discounts, and extra rewards all year
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Strava Premium is available for $5.99/month or $59.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Recording activities with iPod Touch and iPad version 1 will produce inaccurate location results. Additional hardware required to collect information from ANT+ sensors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
To continue getting the most out of Strava, please update your iPhone to iOS 7 or above. Strava 4.1.1 will be the last version of the app compatible with iOS 6.
MyFitnessPal integration: Calorie, duration and distance data from activities you upload to Strava can now be sent to MyFitnessPal.
Strava is more fun with friends. Invite yours via text message, email or Facebook from the Profile tab.
This update also includes bug fixes.
Great concept / flawed app
I love the whole strava thing - it has really motivated me on my daily commute, but this app leaves a bit to be desired. No speedo?! That means I have to run another ap to show my speed in real time. The app doesn't prevent the phone from sleeping, and it can be wildly inaccurate - I managed an average speed in one segment that was faster than my top speed for the whole ride. Tell me how that's possible and I'll have some strong words for my high school physics teacher. Thing is that I'm way up on the leader board for that segment and since I know it's wrong it just makes me suspect all the other results I see.
It could be much better: it could tell you when you're starting a segment, it could show you how you're doing compared to your pb during the ride, it could give you some real time stats. There is an API available I believe; developers, this is a golden opportunity.
Since converting to Strava I've not looked back, great for competing against others even when you're on your own.
Would be great to see real speed though whilst app is in use.
Love the added audio that updates you while running to inform of your splits!!
Keep up the good work Strava!
Simple and effective app
I like how there's not much setup involved and it lets you get straight into riding. I wish it had voice announcements like Cyclemeter though and auto stop time. Plus the ability to see your stats on a cycle computer like Wahoo Rflkt. Otherwise the interval aspect of it is great.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 23 June 2014
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 52.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Strava Inc.
- © 2014 Strava, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Strava Premium$7.49
- 1 Month$7.49
- Strava Premium$74.99
- 1 Year$74.99