NOTE: This app will not work unless you download and print the image targets from:
To celebrate the launch of our super-fast Augmented Reality technology, we are proud to announce the release of our showcase app. Over the coming months, we will be featuring more String™ powered projects, games and demo pieces from around the world.
Please note, the featured content is for demonstration purposes and as such, not representative of final products.
by Bully! Entertainment
Have you ever wondered what it would look like if a dragon flew out of your screen, or out of your wall?
Proto is green, has three eyes and likes to scratch himself sometimes. But he’ll go wherever you tell him to go.
We started an internal project to interrogate potential use-cases for user generated AR content, as well as looking for a cool side project.
We asked the question: “How can users be creative with this technology rather than passively viewing content?”
What came out of those explorations was Scrawl, the first world’s first 3D augmented reality drawing app for iPhone.
We have big plans for Scrawl but for the moment, here is a very early preview.
An in-house experiment for customising virtual footwear, triggered by a poster or print advert. One day, we may all be able to buy our sneakers like this, right from our phones.
String™ Augmented Reality.
SEE THE WORLD WITH NEW EYES™
● New: "Dragon" vignette as featured in our new film. Get the image target at www.poweredbystring.com.
● Added full iPad support.
● Rotated out Clayful and Pharaoh's Fury to make room for new content.
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant augmented reality demonstration. You can either print of the samples provided from their website or alternatively just view the images on a computer screen. Great to impress your friends - everyone is fascinated.
No longer supported by company - can't use app
The company who created this are doing something 'new' and so have removed all resources for actually using this app but haven't removed it from App Store. Most likely to continue driving visitors to their webpage. Misleading and unusable.
First heard about this from Anand Agarwala's recent INKtalk. This idea is amazing. Just loved this app! Keep up the good work!
- String Labs Ltd
- 20.1 MB
- Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2011 String Labs Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.