By Jason Linhart
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With daily games at 17 difficulty levels, novices and expert players alike will appreciate :) Sudoku. Our tutorial, extensive feature set, and advanced hint system offer something for every player. The more you play, the more you will enjoy it!
For unlimited puzzles, check out our other Sudoku products: :) Sudoku + (paid) and Sudoku Joy (free).
Our multi-stage hint system starts with a gentle reminder to get you back on track and works up to an illustration of the exact technique to use and how it applies to the current board. Use our hints to ease those frustrating moments and to learn how to be a better player.
- 17 difficulty levels, something for everyone
- Tutorial teaches you new techniques
- Large, high contrast digits are easier to read
- Advanced techniques at the higher levels, including X-Wings, sashimi fish, and coloring
- User interface optimized for fewer touches
- Choice of six color schemes
- Never covers up the board while you are playing
- Infinite undo/redo
- Undo to the last solvable position
- Board solvable indicator
- Automatic or manual pencil marks
- Save your game while you try alternatives
- Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call, switch applications, or lock the phone
- Highlighting helps you discover patterns
- Game clock; compares your time to other players
- Avoids graphic frills that distract from play
- Choice of digit styles, including Kanji and Hanzi
All games are true Sudoku, with symmetry and a single solution that can be discovered by logic alone. If you doubt that a puzzle can be solved by logic, simply have the hint system explain it to you step by step.
If you enjoy Sudoku daily, this is the app for you!
What's New in Version 5.2.4
Minor bug fixes.
Works really well
The pencil marks are easy and quick to use. The hints and tutorials are very helpful, they make it easy to learn new techniques progressively and gradually. I like the way it explains techniques step by step. The grading of the games by difficulty is good, though occasionally games seem to be a bit harder or easier than the rated grade. It is useful and encouraging to see the % rating of the score compared with other users, it is a good way of measuring your progress in gaining skill. The cell colour coding tool is helpful in tracing chains but it can be tricky to turn it off without inadvertently changing to colouring the pencil marks. The advertisements are unobtrusive and don't spoil the game. Over the past few years I have tried a few other Sudoku apps but I keep coming back to this one, it is the best.
Star of my phone
I have had this app on a number of phones and it simply works. No muss no fuss, easy to use, I learnt to play sudoku on this app and I now play daily to unwind. I have tried others out of curiosity and always come back to this. Totally love this app.
One of the best Sudoku apps
I play daily and still learning.
One small suggestion if I may. I would find it useful, when placing pencil marks, to have the row, column and square containing a given number, to be softly highlighted when each number is selected. Maybe a future version?
- Category: Games
- Updated: 29 December 2014
- Version: 5.2.4
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jason Linhart
- © 2008-2014 Jason T. Linhart
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.