Sun Seeker: 3D Augmented Reality Viewer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Provides a flat compass view and an augmented reality 3-D view showing the solar path, its hour intervals, its equinox, winter and summer solstice paths, rise and set times, twilight times, magic hours and more and a map view showing solar direction for each daylight hour. Also includes sun-event device notifications plus a widget showing today's solar data and position on arc.
Featured in numerous high-profile blogs, websites, and publications, including Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Sydney Morning Herald etc. "Truly amazing", "Incredible", "Brilliant" - the most genuinely useful application of augmented reality - ever!
▶ Photographers - for planning optimal light conditions, sunrise/sunset directions, golden and blue hour times
▶ Cinematographers - to find exact sun exposure, directions and times for any location
▶ Real Estate Buyers - to find the sun exposure of properties you are considering
▶ Drivers - find how long your car will remain in the shade at any given parking spot
▶ Campers and Picnickers - for finding where to camp, sit, pitch an umbrella
▶ Gardeners - for finding optimal planting locations and seasonal sunlight hours
▶ Architects - for visualising the spatial variability of the solar angle throughout the year
▶ All Sun Lovers! To find the sun, even when it is hidden by clouds or walls
* Uses GPS, magnetometer and gyroscope to find the correct solar position and path for your current location
* Flat compass view showing current solar position, diurnal solar angle and elevation (separated into day & night segments), shadow length ratio, atmospheric path thickness
* 3D augmented reality camera overlay view showing the sun's current position, its path with hour points marked
* Camera view also has an optional pointer to guide you towards the current location of the sun
* Map view showing solar direction arrows and elevations for each hour of the day
* Ability to choose any date and view solar path for that day
* Ability to choose any location on earth (includes 40,000+ cities or custom locations)
* Additional details including rise, set and culmination times, maximum elevation, civil, nautical and astronomical twilight times
* Optional device notifications for all manner of sun-related periods and events, such as golden or blue hours, various twilight periods, or sun at a given compass heading or above a given elevation.
* User option to include summer and winter solstice paths on both flat compass view and camera view
Videos, videos, videos
* Check out our YouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3ENGG6Drww
* Search YouTube for "Sun Seeker app" for many other videos, websites and blogs created by enthusiastic users
* See http://www.ozpda.com/sunseeker/faqs.html - also easily accessible from the app's info screen
* IMPORTANT - Please ensure that Settings / Location Services / System Settings / Compass Calibration is switched ON. The app's 3D view cannot work without it!
* The compass accuracy depends on having an undistorted magnetic field around your device. If you use it close to metallic objects or electrical equipment, directional accuracy may be impaired.
What's New in Version 5.2.1
* Fixes bug causing some notifications to be missed.
* NEW - Notifications! Go to Details / More Tables and Notifications to enable device alerts for all manner of sun-related events, such as golden or blue hours, various twilight periods, or sun at a given compass heading or above a given elevation.
* NEW - 3D View may now be switched to use front-facing camera, via new button at top-left of view.
* User specified elevation now allows entry of negative values
Sun Seeker versatile
Found this very useful for building a new house on a bare block. Great for orienting house, locating windows and solar panels, making garden planting decisions, getting best sunset views, making sure summer sun did shine in bedroom too early and more. Easy to use, good resolution satellite photos. Great for checking out all times of year. Even used when looking at new property.
No longer works...
To the development team, this app used to work great and I would use it very often - ever since updating to the new iPhone and updating your app for iOS 10, it never works. No matter how many times I try, the compass and orientation of the sun's path is totally incorrect and it makes the app completely useless. Please release an update to fix this mess as I rely on this app quite a bit!
Great tool for photography shoot scouts.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 05 October 2016
- Version: 5.2.1
- Size: 21.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese
- Seller: Ajnaware Pty Ltd
- © Ajnaware Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad.