Start your child on their reading journey with Tap the Cat. Suitable for 4-6 year olds, each of the 9 playful activities builds and reinforces a different literacy skill – from letter sounds, rhyming words and phonics to colouring, vocabulary, speaking and handwriting.
Tap the Cat appeals to your child’s natural sense of play with a wide variety of different activities. Your child can match spaceship letters, drag letters to make words, hop a rabbit home, match words to pictures, build their vocabulary and paint pictures. Each activity will keep them motivated and engaged with colourful animations, catchy music, fun sound effects and reward screens.
With an emphasis on touch, Tap the Cat helps build the fine motor skills needed for handwriting as your child writes letters and words using correct letter formation, as well as colouring in pictures.
Featuring voice feedback interactivity, Tap the Cat helps boost your child’s word pronunciation skills, as they record their own voice, and then play back what they said!
Tap the Cat is brought to you by the makers of popular educational website Reading Eggs – a team of educators with more than 20 years’ experience in early childhood education, who believe learning to read should be fun, motivating, and full of success.
- Suitable for children aged 4 – 6.
- Includes 9 activities, playable at 2 levels of difficulty.
- Develops key early literacy skills including upper and lower case letters, rhyming, phonics, comprehension, encoding words, vocabulary, sight words and reading a book.
- Helps build essential motor skills through touch-based activities including handwriting, painting, and arranging letters to form a word.
- Your child can record and play back their own voice to practice word pronunciation.
- An extra special feature allows your child to create an e-book of all their completed drawings and recordings. Once all 9 activities are completed, this e-book will unlock and their writing, pictures and voice recordings will come to life.
Ratings and Reviews
A great taster of all "Eggy" apps - AMENDED
My 5 yo son loves this app. He has the reading eggs program and enjoyed this as a bit if a diversion. He loves listening to his voice as part of one of the in-games as it plays back. We initially had no sound on recorded replay but now a day after it is working fine. This app is a good taster for anyone who is just wanting a little of everything that the "Eggy" people have to offer. It's a short experience if your child wants to play it non stop but will be ok as an "inbetweener", for repetition/ revision or for those times you can't use anything else for whatever reason. Children learn best through repetition anyway. We loved the cat character theme and would love to see this character in reading eggs. I'm sure most people would be very satisfied with this app but it would absolutely amazing if it had a few more levels; the app bones are there so just build it up more please!!
Hi I am a teacher and the concept of the app is fantastic and is exactly the type of app I have been looking for my child who is going into kindergarten next yr. we have a iPad and haven't been able to use the reading eggs online version that I paid $100!!!! For because it is not iPad capable within is a HUGE disappointment and a miss marketed opportunity as well. This app however has major problems !!
- we are on level 1 and there is not sound to most of the stages the play needs to be able to hear the word they are pressing - for example the sight word level where they jump on the steps they need to hear that word every time !!!! Repetition is the key !!!
- I am very disappointed to hear that there is not two levels what a waste of money if this is the case I am hoping this is fix straight away !!!!
- the sound is working on many of the stages fix it please !!!!
I have recommended this app to others before finding this problems now I won't be anymore until this is fixed
Short but sweet
I've had this app 24hrs and my daughter has finished both levels ( a couple more levels would have been nice- I've spent $2.99 for apps and received much more content). She likes the characters and gameplay. There was a glitch with the quiz which made it never-ending, but I closed the app and it was ok. Some of the questions are a bit of a stretch for the intended age group- would you know that a firemen uses an axe, when the image you have to choose is holding a hose?
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.