Feed your curiosity and expand your world with TED Talks.
Explore more than 3,000 free videos and learn from the world's most remarkable people. Search by any mood or topic, from tech and science to the surprises of your own psychology.
Features on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch:
・Browse the TED Talks video library, with subtitles in over 100 languages
・Discover inspiring, funny, or jaw-dropping talks and curated playlists
・Sign in to your TED profile to sync saved talks across devices
・Play videos on your device or send to your home entertainment system via AirPlay or Chromecast
・Let us build you a custom playlist - tailored to fit your ideal timeframe
・Download talks to watch offline
・Bookmark talks to watch later
Download the TED app to stay curious, informed, and inspired.
We received a few reports from you about our push notifications not opening to the talk you were expecting, so we wanted to get a fix out for that. Our iOS developer (who is also writing these release notes) is very sorry about that bug.
Here's the full list of what's improved in this release.
* We fixed a few scenarios where tapping the "Open" link at the top of a TED.com talk page on your iOS device wouldn't open to that content in our app.
* We are trying to be smarter about removing push notifications from your lock screen. If you tap on a message, it is removed but any other messages from us should be kept around in case you're using the lock screen as a mini-bookmarking system.
* There was a crash on launch that was affecting some users. We were trying to load the app's interface in the background.
* We fixed a crash that could happen in the video player when trying to update its internal state.
We hope you enjoy the new release. If you run into any issues or have general feedback on our app, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ps. We don't prompt you for a review in the app because we don't want to take away from your time with our speakers. However, if you are enjoying TED for iOS, please take a moment to rate and review us on the App Store. It really helps us out!
Ratings and Reviews
44% battery used in background, app unresponsive
Using a pretty much brand new 6s. Was wondering why my battery had dropped significantly over night. I noticed the at the TED app, which I haven’t used a single time since I have this new phone, has used up most of it without asking. Was wondering what it did so I checked data usage, has only 500mb stored. Opened the app to check downloaded videos, videos aren’t downloaded. Then the app became completely unresponsive and froze the whole phone to an extent which I haven’t seen before. Neither home button worked nor lock button not app switcher. The phone got a tad warmer and dropped 7% battery. Within a minute the phone caught up all the actions that were requested while frozen and I was finally able to kill the app and delete it. Happy to provide error logs for you guys, chuck me an email and I’ll send them over. The app, if it works is good and the whole concept of TED is great unquestionably.
Developer Response ,
This is concerning - we haven't seen this before but if you're willing to send error logs, it would be much appreciated and we'll definitely investigate. Please send any info to email@example.com. Thanks in advance for your help!
Great app and inspiring content!
The new UI update is much better than before but still needs some work:
* Seek bar when listening to audio only content. I have to use my phones lock screen to skip forward / backward.
* Ability to listen to audio content and then partway switch to video at the same point in time as the audio (e.g. This would be most useful when a demonstration takes place).
* The like and list toggle icons on a talks page are ambiguous. Much like the previous UI tab design the visual language is all wrong. You're using color to indicate the selected tab on the home screen but changing these icons to a different version of the same grey color to indicate their on/selected state. Does a filled grey heart mean selected or does a white filled heart mean selected? White is brighter then grey but your using it as unselected. Show both states to two different people who have never seem the screen and they'll be confused! Use your themes red color to show its selected. Also using an indication of what the button will do (in the case of a toggle button for the my list button is an anti pattern). It should show what it is, not what it'll become! Again, just use a color highlight.
You guys are sooo close...
Great !! Update fixed
Thanks for fixing the latest update, I was able to give back my five stars for this great app.
Since installing the latest update this app crashes just as it is about to start a talk!!?? I have deleted it and reinstalled several times with no effect. I have emailed the developers last week no reply so thought I should warn people not to update until it is fixed. Still watch Ted talks on the web site.
I will reinstate the five stars when I get my app back.
Below is my original review which I will stand by once I can use the app.
Can't get enough of your speakers. There is a wide range of topics to suit most people, personally I love the science talks the best. If I don't have time to listen attentively I just press the Hart button so I have a personal list of topics for later.
Developer Response ,
Sorry about this - this was happening for a small % of devices, so thanks for reporting it and helping us find the issue. We've fixed in the latest version 4.3.2.
- TED Conferences
- 56.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 TED Conferences, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.