Feed your curiosity and expand your world with TED Talks.
Explore more than 3,000 free videos and learn from the world's most remarkable people. Search by any mood or topic, from tech and science to the surprises of your own psychology.
Features on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch:
・Browse the TED Talks video library, with subtitles in over 100 languages
・Discover inspiring, funny, or jaw-dropping talks and curated playlists
・Sign in to your TED profile to sync saved talks across devices
・Play videos on your device or send to your home entertainment system via AirPlay or Chromecast
・Let us build you a custom playlist - tailored to fit your ideal timeframe
・Download talks to watch offline
・Bookmark talks to watch later
Download the TED app to stay curious, informed, and inspired.
The TED app is ready for iOS 12! We're just as excited the release as you are and have made sure that our app runs at its best on Apple's latest offerings.
In addition to the iOS 12 fixes, we have tried to focus on sanding down some rough edges around the app so that we offer the best TED viewing experience we can.
- We've moved our settings for adjusting your download preferences and subtitle language in-app. You can find it under the My TED tab.
- We added a feedback screen under our new Settings screen as well so its even easier to get in touch with us. You're still welcomed to email us if you prefer, of course!
- When tapping on an action button on our playlist or talk screens we added a highlighted state so it's more intuitive.
- There's now an animation that occurs when adding an item to your watch list or favorites to give a bit more visual context.
- We added a parallax effect to our playlist and talk screens when you are scrolling. Why? It just feels nicer.
- We fixed a few potential crashes that could occur when the app was entering the background.
We hope you enjoy the new release. If you run into any issues or have general feedback on our app, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ps. We don't prompt you for a review in the app because we don't want to take away from your time with our speakers. However, if you are enjoying TED for iOS, please take a moment to rate and review us on the App Store. It really helps us out!
Ratings and Reviews
Be inspired by some of the brightest minds of today.
44% battery used in background, app unresponsive
Using a pretty much brand new 6s. Was wondering why my battery had dropped significantly over night. I noticed the at the TED app, which I haven’t used a single time since I have this new phone, has used up most of it without asking. Was wondering what it did so I checked data usage, has only 500mb stored. Opened the app to check downloaded videos, videos aren’t downloaded. Then the app became completely unresponsive and froze the whole phone to an extent which I haven’t seen before. Neither home button worked nor lock button not app switcher. The phone got a tad warmer and dropped 7% battery. Within a minute the phone caught up all the actions that were requested while frozen and I was finally able to kill the app and delete it. Happy to provide error logs for you guys, chuck me an email and I’ll send them over. The app, if it works is good and the whole concept of TED is great unquestionably.
This is concerning - we haven't seen this before but if you're willing to send error logs, it would be much appreciated and we'll definitely investigate. Please send any info to email@example.com. Thanks in advance for your help!
Great !! Update fixed
Thanks for fixing the latest update, I was able to give back my five stars for this great app.
Since installing the latest update this app crashes just as it is about to start a talk!!?? I have deleted it and reinstalled several times with no effect. I have emailed the developers last week no reply so thought I should warn people not to update until it is fixed. Still watch Ted talks on the web site.
I will reinstate the five stars when I get my app back.
Below is my original review which I will stand by once I can use the app.
Can't get enough of your speakers. There is a wide range of topics to suit most people, personally I love the science talks the best. If I don't have time to listen attentively I just press the Hart button so I have a personal list of topics for later.
Sorry about this - this was happening for a small % of devices, so thanks for reporting it and helping us find the issue. We've fixed in the latest version 4.3.2.
- TED Conferences
- 145.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 TED Conferences, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.