Telstra Home Dashboard has been designed to help you and your family have more controls of your Home Broadband experience. You will be able to see all connected devices, easily share your Wi-Fi credentials with friends and family, set parental controls to keep your kids safe and also run speed tests to ensure your service is running at its best.
With Telstra Home Dashboard you can:
1. Stay informed about your service status and any outages in your area
2. See all your devices connected to your Home Broadband
3. Monitor your monthly data allowance
4. Keep your family and gadgets safe with Broadband Protect
5. Run speed tests and keep speed history to track performance
6. Access simple troubleshooting flows, you can even restart your Gateway from the app!
7. Access Tips and tricks so you can learn more about your home network
8. Map your Wi-Fi in the app to find those weak signal spots
Redesign for Speed-test capability and improved outage checker function
Ratings and Reviews
Thought it was too good to be true - nothing Telstra does ever really works
When I first installed the app and found that it truly did measure my very poor service I was very pleased. So much so that I proceeded to establish which of my devices related to each reported IP address. Using the edit function and the pencil provided in the right hand top corner of the edit function I beavered away until all of my many wifi devices were duly named so as to be easily recognisable. Imagine my horror when I next tried to use the dashboard and all of my nicknames had disappeared, oh and not only the nicknames but the pencil in the edit function which has disappeared never to return despite deleting the app and reinstalling it on two further occasions, so I still can’t nickname my devices and certainly won’t be trying to memorise each IP address. I hope Telstra does try to get this working properly as I have already taken screenshots of my speed tests on the dashboard and sent to Telstra to confirm my ongoing problems with internet speeds.
Misleading outage reporting
This app claims to show outage information and tell you when the fault will be fixed. For ongoing faults such as ours where the cable has been not working for more than 7 days now, it is obvious that the dates when the service will be restored are automatically generated and not based on reality. Every day the app promises the fault will be fixed by a certain time and when that time is reached the “to be fixed” time resets to the next day. Day after day. The app uses phrases such as “outage will recover on...” and “Your services should be restored within...” but it’s all bogus. There is obviously a systemic problem with the accuracy of outage reporting. I would rather be told when the fault will actually be fixed than given continually misleading forecasts. Disappointing from Telstra on so many levels.
Only knows 1/2 what it purports to do.
1. Says there is an outage at my address. There isn’t but go to the Telstra ‘outage page’ it says NO outage.
2. Says I have NO broadband protect. Go to the page to add this service - can’t get into my account as it stated I haven’t paid my bill or other reasons (all rubbish).
3. Connect to my account after leaving the app then read the broadband connect page through my account - says if you have a bundle (which I have) the broadband connect is free & continued each month when bill is paid. App still says I don’t have it soooo - do or don’t I. I haven’t a clue!!
4. Try to confirm over the 24hr chat. Four people later I’m told to go to ‘my account’, duly do so & can’t get back to the 24hr chat person again!!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.