Practice at your own pace.
Tempo SlowMo is an ideal practice tool for musicians, dancers and language students. Using technology developed for our Chord Detector and Chord Tutor apps, Tempo SlowMo’s sleek and simple design helps you practice playing songs, dance routines or learning a new language by slowing down or speeding up an audio tracks BPM (beats per minute) without affecting its pitch.
5 Stars “Great for playing guitar!”
5 Stars “Elegant and intuitive”
5 Stars “Great for transcribing songs on drums”
5 Stars “Amazing for memorization!”
5 Stars “Great for dance teachers”
5 Stars “Good for fitness too!”
5 Stars “Great for choir practice”
5 Stars “This app is my favorite :) i love it!!!”
Just hit the Music button within the app to reveal the available audio import options. Import an audio file from your iPod music library, Dropbox account or over WiFi network directly to your device. Tempo SlowMo will then load the audio file which you can then play, pause, slow down and speed up to your hearts content.
Tempo SlowMo also has a feature allowing you to drop markers at any point in the track so that you can quickly skip back to that point if there is a particular bit of a track you are trying to master. Special Loop Markers allow you to loop part of a track if you need to master a specific section. Start and End Track Markers allow you to override the point where a track begins and ends.
As well as being able to import audio files from different sources you can also make your own recording and save it for future use.
Export features are now provided as of version 1.3.0. You can export the changes you made to an audio file to MP4 and upload it to Dropbox or send it as an email attachment.
Please note that this app does not support tracks which are DRM protected.
List of core features:-
● Import tracks from iPod music library sync’d to device
● Support for iTunes Match
● Change tempo while playing between 20% and 250% or original tempo.
● Display BPM value if track is tagged with BPM via idv3 or iTunes metadata.
● Plays in background
● AirPlay support
● Play track on continuous loop
● loop sections of a track
● Export to Dropbox or Email (not supported on iPhone 3G)
● Input from devices microphone and slow down/speed up recording
● Import tracks from your Dropbox
● Import tracks from your computer over WiFi
● Import mp3 and m4a email attachments
● Gapless playback
List of additional features available via In-App Purchase:-
● Playlist – create, update, save and load playlists of tracks. BPM lock feature included which enables you to play an entire playlist at the same BPM.
● Pitch Changer – alter the pitch in 0.5 semitone increaments between -12 and +12 semitones.
● BPM Tapper – determine the BPM of your track.
● Equaliser Control – isolate specific frequency bands with this 10 band equaliser.
● Balance Control – change the volume per channel.
● Remove Adverts – The app is free but contains adverts. Use this option to remove the adverts.
If there are any features you would like to see in Tempo SlowMo please let us know.
- Dropbox upgraded to use the new API as old one is being decommissioned towards the end of June.
- Reverted iPad Multitasking and landscape orientation changes as they aren't ready yet.
- Some bug fixes also.
Thanks for the huge response on the possibility of integrating Spotify. I will investigate that next.
Ratings and Reviews
Still using it after many years. Was for music, now doing foreign languages, never stops being useful.
Awesome for slowing down music
Slowing down music works perfectly however looping isn't good at all. Looping and track marker function needs to move to a straight wave form type interface (like DJs apps) to more accurately set the markers.
Can’t work it out
My music files are on Dropbox as an mp3 file.
Can’t work out how to play the file thru the app
- Martian Storm Ltd
- 23.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Martian Storm Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- BPM Tapper $1.49
- Pitch/Key Change $1.49
- Playlist Festure $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.