Download The Advertiser’s new app for iPhone and iPad today!
The Advertiser app delivers award-winning coverage of breaking news, politics, crime, business and opinion, AFL and other major sports, plus the digital replica of the printed paper and much more. It’s the best way to never miss the stories that matter in Adelaide and SA, and it’s all right at your fingertips.
Key features include:
• Live and latest news – Get the news as it breaks 24-hours a day, 7 days a week
• My News – Your own personal news feed. Tailor your news to get straight to the topics that matter to you
• Today’s Paper – Read the paper anytime, anywhere with the digital replica of the paper, as it’s printed
• Notifications – Be the first to know when big stories break with instant news alerts
• Live Sport Scores – Stay on the ball with AFL and NRL live sport scores and expect analysis
• Share – Join the conversation and share your favourite stories via Facebook, Twitter or email
• Daily puzzles – With new crosswords and Sudoku puzzles every day, there’s always something to keep your mind active
The Advertiser app for iPhone and iPad is free to download and enjoy, however to access more simply subscribe for Member-only access.
Member-only access gives you full digital access to thousands of subscriber only stories, the digital replica of the paper, puzzles, comics and more of what you love.
Subscription is easy, either:
1) Subscribe through the app (via iTunes) to start your 30-day FREE trial; then subscriptions will automatically renew to $29.99 per month.
The subscription period will automatically renew unless turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account with the subscription price of $29.99 per month. You can manage your subscription any time from your iTunes account settings this includes renewal options and cancellations.
2) Log in with an existing The Advertiser+ Membership
Please note: This app supports iOS 9 and above
Please note: This app features Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research or audience ratings services. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information
A release to fix Today's paper: Clippings, Page Thumbnails and Sections button affecting iOS 9 & 10
Ratings and Reviews
I've been a subscriber for over a decade.
Not anymore due to the quality of the articles.
So many stories are copied from other papers, plus I'm sick of the "bait" head lines to get your attention.
The latest version has removed some of the features in the previous version that I found very easy to use and, to me at least, a couple of ways of doing things well.
First thing I noticed was that there was no longer an automatic down load on opening the app.
Next the older easier style of a single item to a page or two has been removed along with the ability to tap on a picture to see a larger version and full caption. I found these features easy to use and they enhanced my “user experience”.
Also gone is the Picture gallery, often over a dozen pictures that could be viewed within the page, or by a single tap, a larger version which also had the full caption.
Navigation through the app was by a swipe as was the feature of swiping through the images attached to each item and the feature of seeing larger images, again by a single tap on the image. In this version, I find I have to use the 2-finger pinch or spread to alter the size
The comics may not seem important but to reduce the previous 8 to 3 is harsh (although if you go to the replication of the paper and zoom you can find them). I mean, you removed the Phantom!!! Shame!
At least you retained the on screen puzzle solving even if the navigation has been made less simple.
As far as I can tell, the content continues to be of the same quality.
Text sizing tiresome
The new app is harder to navigate. For those with reading issues, the app has become very difficult to control. With the old app, there was a very obvious text size selector always available. One chose a suitable size and it remained stable at all times. The new app requires use of the system zoom by three finger control, always very tedious, especially for arthritic fingers. The app developers need to remember world is not populated by the young and have deeper appreciation as to the what accessibility means for different ages and physical disabilities. Is it possible for the app’s text enlargement to simply connect with the system’s settings larger text accessibility size as many other apps do. That way there is no need to set it every time one uses the app. Reading this app has become very tiresome.
- News Digital Media
- 120.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © News Pty Limited
- In-App Purchases
- The Advertiser & Sunday Mail $29.99
- The Advertiser $16.99
- Dummy The Advertiser & Sunday Mail $0.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.