The Advertiser & Sunday Mail
By News Digital Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can experience the daily editions of The Advertiser and Sunday Mail, like never before, with the new app that brings the daily paper to life and delivers it to Apple Newsstand every morning.
That means you can access all the latest Adelaide and South Australian news plus news, sport and entertainment from across Australia and the globe – all on your iPad.
- Catch up anytime with access to the last seven daily editions of the paper when you want
- Interactive layout that reads like a real newspaper – only better
- Top news and opinion from your favourite journalists, photographers and contributors
- Each daily edition will automatically download while you sleep, so it’s ready when you wake up
- Full screen videos and photo galleries of Adelaide and South Australian news, plus the rest of Australian and world news
- Challenge yourself with fun interactive games like sudoku and crosswords
- Enjoy your favourite lift outs for your local paper, such as Escape and Taste, available the same day that they are printed in the paper
- Weekly TV Guide available every Sunday
- Track the game as it happens, with the Fox Sports Live Score Centre – for Aussies who love their footy
- Your local weather
Subscription is easy, either:
1) Subscribe through the App (via iTunes) for a monthly recurring subscription of $23.99 per month, and receive your first month FREE.
2) Log in with an existing The Advertiser+ Membership;
To get a The Advertiser+ Membership, simply signup at theadvertiser.com.au/subscribe. With this subscription, you'll also get unrestricted access to The Advertiser’s digital content across your desktop, tablet or phone, plus great rewards. Plus, you could also receive the paper home delivered.
Please note: This App supports iPads on iOS7 and higher.
What's New in Version 4.0.6
Various bug fixes for iOS 8.x
I gave a scathing review earlier this week but they have now repaired the app, acknowledged that there had been a problem and apoligised. This is overall a good app and in terms of quality possibly one of the better Murdoch publications. Still suffers somewhat from an overly right wing view of the world but there is some centralist balance.
Still a floored app
Unfortunately if I could have given a Zero score I would have done so.
I enjoy checking the weather report, this page is now blank. I also check the TV guide. Same story, the page is blank. Should you wish to have a relaxing few minutes doing the crossword or Suduko forget it. These puzzles don't work either. We live in the country and rely on electronic media for our news, which is still available.
Time taken updating is toooooooooooooooooo long
How long is too long?
Go make a cup of coffee and drink it long.
The SMH edition takes one minute to update on a slow day. The Advertiser, ten minutes is not uncommon. One minute? Never that quick.
- Category: News
- Updated: 07 January 2015
- Version: 4.0.6
- Size: 50.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: News Digital Media
- Copyright © News Limited 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Advertiser & Sunday Mail$23.99