The Age for iPad
By Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand Pty Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience a world-class App that is produced just for the iPad, bringing together quality journalism with rich features that showcase the best content The Age has to offer.
Certain sections within the app are free, while others will only be accessible to paying subscribers.
As a visitor - you will have access to articles in the free sections including Front Page, Editor's Choice, Good Food, Photo Galleries, Videos, Domain, Drive, TV Guide and Weather.
As a subscriber - you will have unlimited access to all sections of the SMH tablet app.
Subscription for unlimited access to the iPad app is $21.99 per month and auto renewable via iTunes. Unlimited access for the first month is FREE.
App Features include:
• Enjoy the Editor’s selection of the key stories of the day, with Editor’s Choice
• Watch full-screen video and enjoy stunning photo galleries and interactive graphics
• Use Airplay to view video and galleries on your TV, using Apple TV
• Access breaking news updates 24 hours a day
• Customise the way sections appear and control the way content is downloaded over 3G
• Save articles to read later
• Share stories by email, Facebook or Twitter
• View live sports scores, fixtures and results
• Get stock quotes on Australian listed companies
• Get the latest weather and forecast for your location
• Play our interactive Sudoku
Please note: This app features Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research or audience ratings services. Please see http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
What's New in Version 2.4.22
- Bug Fixes
Could do better
This looks good at first, but the are shortcomings. The app always crashes when you try to read the death notices. It is like buying a newspaper with your favourite pages being torn out.
In the crosswords you can't get yesterday's unless you have already started it, even though you have subscribed. It has most of the features of the printed paper, but not all, eg Saturday's general knowledge crossword is absent.
Poor Customer Service and Poorly Designed.
I took out a subscription for the electronic version of The Age, after cancelling my previous subscription due to the clunky nature of The Age's poorly designed app.
At times it is agonisingly slow and often freezes. Don't look for customer support, there isn't any, with staff from The Age's subscription department not answering emails - again.
After this month has expired, I will be cancelling my subscription.
Fairfax should be offering a better App than this rubbish.
Can't email articles from the app
I am no longer able to e mail interesting articles from The Age to my friends. When I try I am told by the app that my iPad is "not configured". Numerous inquiries to the support team resulted in zilch. As a result I have canceled my subscription from 24 November 2016. I also had other problems with the app. On number of occasions I could not download daily newspaper and very often the page frizzed.
- Category: News
- Updated: 26 August 2016
- Version: 2.4.22
- Size: 36.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fairfax Media Management Pty Ltd.
- © Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand Pty Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Age for iPad$21.99
- The Age in Apple News$7.99