By News Digital Media
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Australian app has been redesigned with a host of new features including improved navigation, story sharing and saving, and rich interactive stories. Delivered to your iPad and iPhone every morning, browse stories just like reading the paper, with interactive features, full screen galleries and video.
Subscribers to The Australian have access to:
· Award-winning journalism: news from Australia and around the world – leading opinion, commentary and analysis from the most experienced journalists and correspondents and trusted sources including The Times of London, The Wall Street Journal and The Economist.
· Market-leading business coverage: The Australian Business Review each day in The Australian includes comprehensive coverage across every sector - Companies and Markets, Financial Services, Commercial Property, Business Gossip, Mergers & Acquisition
· Unrivalled weekly industry coverage: Media, IT, Higher Education, Technology, Legal Affairs and Aviation
· The Australian’s magazines and in-depth sections, including Review, Inquirer, The Deal, WISH and The Weekend Australian Magazine as well as special liftouts like Mansion Australia.
· Challenging mind games with daily crosswords from The Times and Sunday Times plus Sudoku puzzles and the daily general knowledge quiz
· Browse online, offline, anytime
· Full access to the digital print edition, a digital replica of the paper exactly as it was printed, including all magazines and liftouts and access and store previous editions.
Please note: This App supports iPads & iPhones on iOS9 and above.
NB: Please be advised that with the release of Version 6.0 and our improvements to the Digital Print Edition platform user's archive of Digital Print Editions will no longer be available to view.
How to gain full access to the app's content and features
1: Subscribe through the App (via iTunes) for a monthly recurring subscription of $33.99 per month and receive your first month FREE.
The subscription period will automatically renew unless turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account with the subscription price of $33.99 per month. You can manage your auto-renew subscription at any time from your iTunes Account Settings.
2: Subscribers to The Australian with digital access may login to the app when prompted using their subscription credentials.
What's New in Version 6.0.7
Comments - have your say, read what other subscribers are thinking and respond to them without leaving the app
Today's Paper - improved look and feel, save up to 30 editions in your library
Briefing, a daily news summary delivered three times daily on weekdays
Latest News - improved navigation to latest stories in the app
Notifications - choose how you stay informed throughout the day
Extremely disappointed with the new app! One if the highlights of the day used to be reading the paper, as it is printed, now it rarely ever works! Or only ever appears late in the day. Hopeless. The function of being able to isolate a single story has disappeared. Why? Go back to basics and start again. I am presently trying to reload to see if this works any better, but what you have is hopeless. Sorry!
A disappointing app
1. I like to read a newspaper rather than reading news curated by social media. How do I turn off the comments on articles? Surely there could be an option for this.
2. If I don’t finish reading the newspaper one day, how do I defer downloading the next day’s paper? Surely, there could be an option for manual download.
3. If I save an article, I think the date of the article should be shown.
4. If I am on a poor internet connection, how do I ensure that the entire paper has been downloaded before I go out of range?
Initial issues with new comments functionality (which was long awaited)were addressed quickly. Getting much better - though haven’t yet tried offline (which has been problematic in the past). Only frustration now is the inability to get rid of the new update/edition bar from section screens (without reloading/going to latest). Can we have a cancel option?
- Category: Magazines & Newspapers
- Updated: 15 November 2017
- Version: 6.0.7
- Size: 77.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: News Digital Media
- © Nationwide News Pty Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Australian App$33.99