The Australian app has been redesigned with a host of new features including improved navigation, story sharing and saving, and rich interactive stories. Delivered to your iPad and iPhone every morning, browse stories just like reading the paper, with interactive features, full screen galleries and video.
Subscribers to The Australian have access to:
· Award-winning journalism: news from Australia and around the world – leading opinion, commentary and analysis from the most experienced journalists and correspondents and trusted sources including The Times of London, The Wall Street Journal and The Economist.
· Market-leading business coverage: The Australian Business Review each day in The Australian includes comprehensive coverage across every sector - Companies and Markets, Financial Services, Commercial Property, Business Gossip, Mergers & Acquisition
· Unrivalled weekly industry coverage: Media, IT, Higher Education, Technology, Legal Affairs and Aviation
· The Australian’s magazines and in-depth sections, including Review, Inquirer, The Deal, WISH and The Weekend Australian Magazine as well as special liftouts like Mansion Australia.
· Challenging mind games with daily crosswords from The Times and Sunday Times plus Sudoku puzzles and the daily general knowledge quiz
· Browse online, offline, anytime
· Full access to the digital print edition, a digital replica of the paper exactly as it was printed, including all magazines and liftouts and access and store previous editions.
Please note: This App supports iPads & iPhones on iOS9 and above.
NB: Please be advised that with the release of Version 6.0 and our improvements to the Digital Print Edition platform user's archive of Digital Print Editions will no longer be available to view.
How to gain full access to the app's content and features
1: Subscribe through the App (via iTunes) for a monthly recurring subscription of $33.99 per month and receive your first month FREE.
The subscription period will automatically renew unless turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account with the subscription price of $33.99 per month. You can manage your auto-renew subscription at any time from your iTunes Account Settings.
2: Subscribers to The Australian with digital access may login to the app when prompted using their subscription credentials.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
- New and improved comments functionality in the app
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The latest version is still unstable.
Crashes 10 times on startup. Deleted the app and start again. Does not crash the whole ipad anymore but still crashes swapping between articles a d in particular on startup. Seems content related. Sometimes worse then others. Internet not a problem.
I used to be able to email my blind mate who could read articles using his reader direct from the newspaper as read. Now it puts it in a box which is useless as you cannot do anything with it.
No point sending a link as he cannot navigate.
Define is back.
Clip does not always work if there are tables and sometimes does not work at all...seems to be at the bottom of the page. Go figure.
Yes, you can email, but with 7 steps instead of 1.
Comments just buzz around on my ipad but sometimes stall unless log in and out.
Now limited to 21 instead of 28.
Comment editing works ONLY when replying in review all comments mode. Never on a prime entry.
Content sharing with the times can be spurious which is not up to normal standard of writing and editing.
E-mailing the actual article direct from the main news pain would be great if it was the article.
If we did not lose functionality i would say great job, cleaner and faster.
Hi there, thanks for the feedback on our app update. If you log out of the app and log back in, you should be able to see comments and join the debate. If you still have the issue, please call our customer service team on 1300 696 397. You can log out in the settings.
The app has improved over the years from a technical perspective but the user experience is still way off where the international competition currently sits. The ‘latest’ section is a mixture of old news and editorials taken from the other sections which is just misleading, so once you’ve scrolled down this section you’ve seen everything there is. Content is wafer thin these days. There is no chance to contact the paper, you can offer comments now which is mostly a plus. Monday is OK at least we get some content from the London Times. An app with a grand vision supporting about as much real content as the local scouts newsletter, possibly why the paper is so focussed on parliament because its the only thing happening and that’s where the Australian’s journalist lives, shame about the rest of the world.
Infuriating and disappointing, I'm cancelling my subscription.
The old app was better.
I'm frequently unable to read the edition the day it's released, so I might catch up two or more days later. Now the only way to do that is to download the print version, which is a pain to read.
The new app often won't completely download all content when you believe it should have, this is only apparent when you are offline and tap to open an article when you get a message to connect to the internet. This is infuriating when you can't go online to complete the download, for example on board an aircraft or in a rural area, which I'm often doing.
I've had the new app crash twice now on both my iPad and iPhone, even after resetting the devices it won't load.
There needs to be an indicator telling you if the whole paper has been downloaded, eg, like the SMH has.
The other annoying thing is if your subscription renewal each month requires you to log in to read an article, you can't if you don't have a connection, eg, in the bush or on a plane.
I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription. This is a great paper, but not worth a cracker to me if I can't access it.
- News Digital Media
- 96.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Nationwide News Pty Limited
- In-App Purchases
- The Australian App $33.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.