The Bard's Tale
By inXile Entertainment
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
50% OFF!!! On sale at a price so low, even Crazy Thorvald thinks it's crazy! Get it before we come to our senses!
#1 RPG in 75 countries, including USA, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, Japan, and China!
Sync your saved games between iOS and Mac!
Includes classic games trilogy!
They said it couldn’t be done… a full-scale massive 3D epic role-playing game on iOS! See why it’s the BIGGEST iOS game ever made!
“The Bard’s Tale is easily the funniest game I’ve ever played, and I’ve played all the funny games out there.” – IGN
You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through magical song you summon characters to join your quest for coin and cleavage!
“Ready your weapon and bladder as you embark on this ridiculously addicting quest and the funniest adventure of the year, The Bard’s Tale” – Game Chronicles
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
• 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
• A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
• A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
• Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
• 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
• Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
• More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
• Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
But wait! That’s not all! Enjoy these great new additions in the iOS version:
• Leaderboards—for accumulated Silver and Experience!
• Achievements—over 50 spread throughout the game!
• Autosave—option to save automatically when you near a save-book in game.
• iCloud Saves—option to save to iCloud, enables sharing saves across your iOS devices.
• Time-Savers—optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence, just as in the original console release.)
• Classics Games—includes original classic games The Bard’s Tale 1, 2 & 3.
• Supports 60beat® GamePad.
Universal App with Adaptive Rendering:
For a single low price, play on all your compatible* devices! The Bard’s Tale takes full advantage of your hardware to maximize your experience--including HD resolution and 60Hz video refresh on capable devices.** iOS adaptation by Square One Games.
“This game is satire in its sharpest form” – Cheat Code Central
Play The Bard’s Tale today!
* Compatible with iOS 4.0 and higher on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 3rd generation, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPad, and iPad2&3.
** HD on iPhone 4S/5, iPad2,Mini,3&4, iPod Touch 5G. Enhanced rendering includes: environment mapping, dynamic water surfaces, full shadow cast, and 60Hz display-refresh (with in-game “Battery Savings” option turned off).
We are committed to improvement. Please send support requests through The Bard’s Tale Support link below.
IT IS HUGE!
Please note: Installation over Wi-Fi can temporarily require as much as 3.4GB of free space on your device.
What's New in Version 1.8.1
- Resolves issues with iCloud on iOS 8
- Game now auto-synchronizes last saved file between devices.
- Bug fixes.
Finally a proper RPG for iPhone. Kind of like the Witcher.
I will open saying that this is genuinely the best game I've played on my iPhone ever. Love the sarcastic banter, the witty repartee and the amazing gameplay.
But I have found a game breaking glitch. My iPhone ran out of battery as I was in the town of zombie Vikings or whatever, and you have to escort the mad man to the shop and then to the tower to get him to open both (or get the shopkeeper to open the shop at least). I have played through once, and he died and I got the key but loaded from the last save (way back at the start of the escorting) because I wanted to see what happened when he lived. He got out of the danger zone and was approaching shop when I ran out of battery. Of course, I chose to continue where I left off, saving immediately. But whenever the mad bloke reaches the shop, the dialogue cut scene thingum comes up, without any dialogue. Skipping doesn't change anything, and they just stand there saying nothing doing nothing. I have tried leaving the area and saving in different areas, fighting and levelling up in different areas, having dialogue with shopkeepers and civilians around the place (with no trouble with any of them). But whenever I return, it always freezes in the same spot. And he's out of the reach of the undead, so I can't just let them kill him and miss out on the shop (which would be terrible in itself, but better than not being able to advance after playing eleven hours of gameplay and unlocking all but four songs as gold, and all as silver).
My Dad also had troubles in this area, but an update fixed his problem. Any update or helpful tip would be appreciated.
And those compaining about healing: crystals are everywhere. I have about 18 of them and I have never once bought one, and I use them often. More importantly, there is a song that summons an old crime who heals you. If you are having trouble with the bugbear quest go level up somewhere and look for chests. It's really not that hard a quest.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 14 January 2015
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 1.44 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: inXile Entertainment
- © 2004-2012 inXile entertaiment, inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bard Epic Transformation Training$3.79
- Coin Clipping Kit$1.29
- Discover Lost Silver Mine$3.79
- Bard Training$1.29
- Bard Intensive Training$2.49
- Talent Boot Camp$3.79
- Receive Inheritance$1.29
- Best Armor: Armor of Llyr$3.79
- Pouch of Adderstones$1.29
- Trow Map Collection$2.49