The Canberra Times for iPad
By Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand Pty Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Once downloaded, the Canberra Times app will live in your Newsstand folder. Please check there for your latest edition
The Canberra Times for iPad App brings together the best of your daily newspaper and its website to take your news reading experience to another level. And it’s free for a limited time.
Experience a world-class App that is especially produced for the iPad, bringing together quality journalism with rich features that showcases The Canberra Times like never before.
- Read your favourite magazines and sections any day of the week: Panorama, Forum, Food & Wine, Domain, Relax, Fly and the Public Sector Informant.
- Enjoy our selection of the key stories of the day, with Editor’s Choice
- Watch full-screen video and enjoy stunning photo galleries and interactive graphics
- Access breaking news updates 24 hours-a-day
- Customise the way sections appear and control the way content is downloaded over 3G
- Save articles to read later
- Set up alerts to track stories that contain your topics and keywords of your choice
- Share stories by email, Facebook or Twitter
- View live sports scores, fixtures and results
- Get stock quotes on Australian listed companies
- Get the latest weather and forecast for your location
- Play our daily interactive Crossword & Sudoku
What's New in Version 2.4.13
- Fixed a bug for the .tv section
- Additional bug fixes
Please fix the bugs
Most works ok, but the Death notices/Tributes is poor:
- it takes an eternity to load
- set by default to Past Week when Today would be better and more efficient. I don't need to re-read old tributes. Also hit and miss to get the drop down option to work to change this selection.
- navigating through the list is very slow, as it holds only a few at a time, and has to continually reload
- worst of all is the continual dropping out from the app altogether while in the notices section. This morning dropped out of the app from the notices at least 10 times before finally giving up and writing this.
Death Notice bug
The CT downloads well and is easy to navigate unless you want to read the 'Death Notices'.
It is slow to download and continually drops out.
PLEASE CT, fix it!
Quickly becoming irrelevant
I tried posting a comment just recently.I wasn't allowed because I wasn't subscribed.As I can obtain free news from numerous other sources on the net and post comment ,I found this anomaly typically Australian.Gouge the user for as much as possible before they wise up.I will still use the App. as it is free but as a silent viewer.The silent majority with no voice.The sign of the future.
- Category: News
- Updated: 15 January 2015
- Version: 2.4.13
- Size: 22.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fairfax Media Management Pty Ltd.
- © Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand Pty Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.