The Canberra Times for iPad App brings together the best of your daily newspaper and its website to take your news reading experience to another level. And it’s free for a limited time.
Experience a world-class App that is especially produced for the iPad, bringing together quality journalism with rich features that showcases The Canberra Times like never before.
- Read your favourite magazines and sections any day of the week: Panorama, Forum, Food & Wine, Domain, Relax, Fly and the Public Sector Informant.
- Enjoy our selection of the key stories of the day, with Editor’s Choice
- Watch full-screen video and enjoy stunning photo galleries and interactive graphics
- Access breaking news updates 24 hours-a-day
- Customise the way sections appear and control the way content is downloaded over 3G
- Save articles to read later
- Set up alerts to track stories that contain your topics and keywords of your choice
- Share stories by email, Facebook or Twitter
- View live sports scores, fixtures and results
- Get stock quotes on Australian listed companies
- Get the latest weather and forecast for your location
- Play our daily interactive Crossword & Sudoku
Please note: This app features Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research or audience ratings services. Please see http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I love the Canberra Times Ipad app, though it has a couple of problems.
It does seem to be flaky or not updated sufficiently ... currently I can't open it at all and in the process of deleting and reinstalling.
It does not provide access to ALL of the CT articles, only most of them. This is a big disadvantage that can be worked around by downloading the excellent facsimile edition of the paper, accessible from the app. The facsimile edition is great, because it gives access to every article, as well as the sometimes interesting or relevant ads.
The app itself has a downside as it exposes clearly the worsening editorial quality of the paper. Not just unending typos but no pretext of correct grammar ('disinterested' is now a failed word in the CT) and some appallingly written articles that fail to give context, fail to explain what needs to be explained or are so trite they should never have seen the light of day. The facsimile and printed editions don't seem to be as bad on this, but that might be my imagination.
Just the same, I'm glad we have the CT in app form.
Love it, use it every morning with breakfast:)
Works every time, on all 3 iPads I have (kids). The only annoyance is the full page ad you have to skip past when changing pages. Give us a paid version to never have to see that again!
To clear the 'fails to open' bug, delete the application and local data from your device, then re-download the app from the cloud.
Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage > CanbTimes.
This is one of my most regularly used apps.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.