The Courier-Mail/The Sunday Mail
By News Digital Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience today's iPad Edition of The Courier-Mail, including The Sunday Mail, like never before, with our app that brings you the complete news of the day from Australia's best-informed and award-winning team of journalists in news, sports, entertainment and more.
It's the daily paper brought to life.
And, our iPad editions are updated overnight, so they're ready when you are.
Once you have downloaded the app, just go to Apple's Newsstand and tap The Courier-Mail icon to get today's iPad edition.
- Interactive layout that reads like a real newspaper - only better
- Top news and opinion from your favourite Courier-Mail journalists, photographers and contributors
- Each iPad edition will be updated while you sleep, so it's ready to download when you wake up
- Full screen videos and photo galleries of Brisbane and Queensland news, plus the rest of Australian and world news
- You can also get the latest news in the app to keep up-to-date between iPad editions
- Challenge yourself with fun interactive games like sudoku and crossword puzzles
- Enjoy many of your favourite liftouts, like Escape and Queensland Taste, available the same day that they are printed in the paper
- Weekly TV Guide available every Sunday
- Track the game as it happens with our live scores page
- Catch up any time with access to the last seven iPad editions, anytime
- Your local weather
Subscription is easy, either:
1) Subscribe through the App (via iTunes) for a monthly recurring subscription of $19.99 per month, and receive your first month FREE.
2) Log in with an existing The Courier-Mail+ Membership;
To get a The Courier-Mail+ Membership, simply signup at couriermail.com.au/subscribe. With this subscription, you'll also get unrestricted access to The Courier-Mail's digital content across your desktop, tablet or phone, plus great rewards. Plus, you could also receive the paper home delivered.
What's New in Version 5.0.0
- Updated article pages design
- New navigation interface
- New in-App navigation
- Updated Front Page on Start Screen
- New Print Edition download interface
- Bug fixes and improved stability
The Courier Mail app used to be fantastic - so easy to read the paper each day and very user-friendly. Now I have the following issues: the app is often unresponsive, where I have to swipe a few times before the page turns; every time a page is loaded it is blurry, then gradually sharpens; sometimes lift out sections lock up on paused, appearing several times in the library section but unable to be opened; the reader view (accessed by clicking on blue highlighted headlines) now only takes up 3/4 of the screen - the old system of three columns was much better because it also included colour photos, not just text; finally the app sometimes crashes for no reason, going back to the newsstand main menu.
All my paper downloads are gone
Does anyone else have this complaint? I was happy to update the App as requested, given the new features promised. However, all my previous paper downloads have disappeared. I save them to read when I can, for example, when I’m on holidays. I pay a monthly fee, it is my right to read the paper how I choose. I have contacted the Courier Mail twice this week with my complaint and no response. If they can’t reinstate my downloads, this is like stealing to me. I am quite annoyed with inadequate service.
Much faster and easier to use than the previous version. Unlike the old version the front page of the print version is front and centre. Downloading on my 4G takes seconds! great improvement
- Category: News
- Updated: 04 May 2015
- Version: 5.0.0
- Size: 71.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: News Digital Media
- copyright © NewsQueensland 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Courier-Mail and Sunday Mail$19.99