Record your emotions each day and track changes or patterns over time.
This app is based on the principles of Positive Psychology however it is equally a useful tool for managing conditions, disorders or just difficult times in your life.
Take control and track your emotions to increase your wellbeing.
The emotion diary can be used by teachers and parents and students themselves to keep track of student’s wellbeing during the difficult secondary and university years when pressure to succeed can be at odds with well being goals.
The emotional diary was originally designed with therapy and counseling in mind. It's difficult to accurately recall how you felt over a period time when discussing with a health professional or therapist. How you feel at the time can misrepresent your perception of how you have felt since your last visit. This app was developed so you can quickly and easily track how you are feeling and share this with your health professional. You can share this information by reviewing it together on the app or you can email in advance.
The Emotion diary is a useful for self-analysis to record how you have felt and why. You may add a note if there is something particular that is responsible for the way you feel.
The Emotional Diary has a number of great features that you can purchase through the features option. These include the
- Therapist Feature
- Emotional Dimensions Feature
- Positives Feature
- Group Feature
The Therapist Feature includes the ability to
- email your diary
- track your emotions over the day
- add notes
- filter diary by dimension or date
- cleanup diary by deleting entries
- aggregate all dimensions by day
- sort diary
- additional 'About' info
The Emotional Dimensions feature allows you to
- track multiple dimensions
- select dimensions from a defined list
- add your own dimensions
- remove dimensions
- activate and deactivate any dimensions at any time
- switch on dimension labels and information
The Positives feature allows you to record the positive aspects of your day in line with Positive Psychology. It allows you to record:
- what went well
- acts of kindness
- signature strengths
The Group feature allows you to
- track emotions for different clients/students
- aggregate by client or category (such as class level)
- sort by client or category
- load in a clients emotional diary
This feature also provides information about Positive Psychology.
The Emotional Diary was designed and developed by a professional with a psychology background with experience as a parent through the teen years and much insight into both mental health and the promotion of well-being.
Improvements for Positives feature
- Linda Burke
- 4.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © (c) Copyright Linda Burke 2012. All rights reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Emotional Dimensions $1.49
- Positives Feature $1.49
- Therapy Feature $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.