The Last Express
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Step aboard the 1914 Orient Express in this award-winning mystery adventure from Prince of Persia creator Jordan Mechner, now for the first time on iOS!
JULY, 1914. With Europe on the brink of war, the luxurious Orient Express departs Paris for Constantinople, plunging American doctor Robert Cath into a maelstrom of treachery, romance, and international intrigue.
The Last Express is a complete, faithful iOS version of the internationally-acclaimed 1997 PC classic.
- 20+ hours of game play
- Interact with 30+ characters who behave like actual people on a train -- moving about in real-time and conversing in their native languages
- Eavesdrop on conversations, sneak into compartments, and uncover clues
- Explore a richly detailed, historically accurate 3D recreation of the 1914 Orient Express
- Your actions affect other characters’ behavior, making every play-through different
- Rewind feature allows you to back up to any point in the story and choose a different course of action
- Playable in 5 languages: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
EXCLUSIVE ADDITIONAL FEATURES ONLY FOR iOS:
- Unlock challenging achievements that test your sleuthing skills
- Dynamic, 3-tiered hint system created specifically for iOS
- 20 unlockable character biographies
- Unlock cinematics to replay at any time
**** Reviews ! 90% on Metacritic ****
"The Last Express is just one of those games that adventure fans, or just fans of a good story, need to play." 4/4 - Slide To Play
"A shining example of how deeply gameplay and storytelling can be intertwined" 5/5 - AppSpy
"It's a piece of videogame history and a shining example of what can be done to create an experience so much more immersive than the Heavy Rains of today." - 8/10, Destructoid
“Exquisite design and a literary story. A thrilling ride.” – Newsweek
“The top adventure game… thumbs up by all ages and both genders.” – Family PC
“A masterpiece.” – Computer Games Strategy Plus
“Gripping… amazing… totally unique. The best adventure game I have ever played. Beautiful, skillfully crafted, and worth every penny and hour of your time.” – Games Domain Review
FOR MORE ABOUT THE LAST EXPRESS, VISIT:
What's New in Version 1.03
- Fixed touch control issues
- Fully optimized for iPhone 5
Haven't finished yet, but love it! I'm so happy an iPad port was created, might never have experienced this masterpiece otherwise. Insightful exploration of political tensions just pre-WWI. I have become obsessed with listening to the wonderful voice acting in every conversation I come across. I'm Serbian and speak French, so love the range of languages used, truly an immersive experience, I search for games like this daily! Amazing achievement, especially for a game from so long ago. Don't let the slightly clunky controls and simple animation put you off, these small issues fade to the background within 10 minutes of gameplay.
This game is huge, I nearly ran out of space installing it but it is worth it.
Still unique after all these years and will remain a classic. This is like an interactive movie, you will love it if you enjoy a good story with interesting characters.
Don't expect too much action or fast pace gameplay, this game is all about relaxing on a couch and immersing in a historic journey of adventure.
This is missing a crucial feature
This a word of advice to the developers. If you're strapped for cash and want to make a quick buck, here's a hot tip. Add subtitles to the game. I've been warned by friends who are either deaf or hearing impaired to not download The Last Express, as it is impossible to play without knowing what the characters are saying.
It's a shame because this looks exactly like the kind of game I love. If this ever gets re-released with subtitles, you can bet that I and all of my deaf friends will come RUNNING.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 27 October 2012
- Version: 1.03
- Size: 1.36 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: DotEmu
- © Copyright 2012 Waterwheel, Inc. DotEmu SAS.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.