With this beautiful iPad app from Touch Press you can explore the incredible pyramids and tombs of ancient Egypt. Fly around the plateau where the pyramids and the Sphinx are located at Giza near Cairo. Enter and wander around the labyrinthine tombs and passageways. Examine stunning wall paintings in incredible detail, rotate royal statues and spin 3D objects. Everything has been painstakingly recreated from ultra-high-resolution digital imagery captured on location in Egypt by Sandro Vannini, the world's greatest photographer of archeological sites and antiquities.
To help explain and illuminate the world of the ancient Egyptians, there is an accompanying interactive book, specially written by world-renowned Egyptologist, Zahi Hawass with other expert archeologists. Touch any painting or object in the pyramids and tombs to discover what they represent, who made them and what place they have in the culture of the Old Kingdom. This exquisite app breaks new ground in presenting the treasures of the past and bringing them alive in your hands on the iPad.
• Highly detailed 3D representation of the Giza plateau for you to fly around
• All three main pyramids, the Sphinx and eight fascinating tombs to enter and explore
• Stunning annotated HD photography of the interiors of the pyramids and tombs
• 35 digital restorations of wall paintings showing their original appearance
• a collection of panoramic views at ground level
• Specially written text telling the story of the Old Kingdom, its rulers, and great monuments, supported with interactive illustrations
• Over 350 beautiful photographs vividly illustrating the Giza plateau, the excavations, and the building of the pyramids
• Animated and narrated expert introductions to the tombs from Egyptologist Bram Calcoen
• 40 exquisite antiquities presented as fully manipulable 3D objects that can be zoomed and spun to view from every angle
• 3D objects include Tutankhamun’s mask and the Solar Boat
The Pyramids - Wonders of the Old Kingdom is published by Touch Press, the people behind the best-selling iPad titles: The Elements, Solar System for iPad and The Waste Land, along with many other titles that have been App of the Week and Editor's Choice.
This title is produced and published in partnership with Heritage World Press and Laboratorio Rossi.
Minor bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Picture Perfect 3D Pyramids!
This app is second to none! Visiting the Giza Plateau in person is the only thing that could possibly compare. Even then, not all the sites documented in this app are accessible to the public in Egypt.
This amazing app will take you back thousands of years to life as it was in ancient Egypt and the wonders of the pyramids and tombs on the Giza Plateau.
From the virtual tour of the plateau and inside the pyramids and tombs, to the 3D images of King Tut's death mask and a close look at the hieroglyphics on the tomb walls, this app really does cover it all. The views of these fascinating monuments (as they appear now and how they appeared thousands of years ago) are spectacular!
There are so many truly beautiful images with such accurate and fascinating information, both written and narrated. This app is worth the price of a plane fare ticket to Egypt and the iPad combined!
Thank you so much Dr Zahi Hawass, Sandro Vannini and Bram Calcoen for their areas of expertise towards this app and to Touch Press for bringing it all to life! It is very much appreciated by someone with an Egyptian heritage who has longed to visit Egypt to see the wonders of the ancient world.
Do not hesitate in buying this app. It is worth every cent!
Visit or revisit Giza virtually.
If you've been to Giza, or want to go, you will love this app. Excellent detail, beautiful graphics, the chance to 'visit' several tombs as well as go inside the pyramids - this is a terrific resource. The accompanying book is interesting, too. If this is the way of the future in e-publishing, then it's going to be great fun. Recommended to all Egyptophiles.
What a fantastic app. This enables poor people and old people unable to travel to get close to seeing the real thing!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.