Learn to create virtual games and stories, and have all your robots interact with one another. You can easily program MiPosaur, LEGO, Dash&Dot robots to move through mazes. You can even program Arduino wirelessly to control these robots and even build custom robots!
"Fantastic. Program multiple robots, drones, and smart-toys, using a familiar interface." – Code.org
Tickle is "the most awesome blocks programming environment for iPad".
- “There are a lot of games and puzzles now that promise to teach kids how to code, but Tickle stands out.” – TechCrunch
- "'School is SO fun.' Thanks @tickleapp for teaching us to fly!" – Hillcrest Elementary
- "Unquestionably the best experience for programming Sphero. Lots of fun." – @ECiardelli, Math and Learning Resource Teacher.
- "The most awesome blocks programming environment for iPad." – @moenig, Lead Developer of Snap! (UC Berkeley's Computer Science course CS10).
- "Seriously loving the amazing new @tickleapp for iPad. Drag and drop programming for real-world objects like @Sphero" – Adam Bellow, Author and Educational Technologist.
Tickle is the world's first app that enables anyone to program an air drone. It's also one of the world's best visual programming app for 15+ best smart toys – MiPosaur by WooWee, Parrot Rolling Spider, Airborne, and Jumping Sumo mini drones, Arduino LightBlue Bean, Philips Hue smart home lighting system, and Dash and Dot by Wonder Workshop – all wirelessly from your iPad. You can also program interactive stories and games using our library of animated characters and sounds.
All the devices, Arduino, and virtual characters work seamlessly with each other. For example, you can use Arduino board like a Wii controller to fly a drone. Makers, makerspaces, and makerfaires around the world are empowered by Tickle to interactively and wirelessly program Arduino.
Tickle is easy to learn, yet incredibly powerful. Learn to code the same way as the introductory Computer Science courses at Harvard and UC Berkeley.
Tickle Robotics Edition is inspired by visual programming languages like Scratch from MIT, Alice from CMU, Blockly from Google, and ScratchJr from Tufts/MIT. It is generously supported by awesome Kickstarter backers.
Ratings and Reviews
Learn block coding and basic robotics with hands-on programming experience.
This app is fantastic for introducing people to a software similar to scratch but made for iOS. This will be best used for students getting into basic programming but is lacking 1 thing, I bought a drone for school work which requires us to use Tickle, the drone which I bought (expecting to use with Tickle) was the Parrot Hydrofoil of which only 1/2 supported, it lacks support for Arial mode with the Parrot Hydrofoil but there is no option there...?😐
When I try to use a different drone like the Parrot Cargo series with the Mars drone picture and the Rolling Spider it won't connect to the Hydrofoil drone.
Please fix a.s.a.p
What happened to support for drones?
Loved this app, and realise it was only a matter of time before they started charging for devices. However I went out and bought a rolling spider in addition to several bb8s and an Ollie, to demonstrate the multiple facets of the program and coding available in tickle and find after I have updated, I no longer have access to rolling spider. A bit disappointing as I still see videos on their site showcasing coding of rolling spiders. Are you going to bring back that functionality or is it too much of a risk with drones?
- Tickle Labs, Inc.
- 446.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tickle Labs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Tickle Coin - 400 $5.99
- Tickle Coin - 1000 $12.99
- Tickle Coin - 80 $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.