MARCH 2017 UPDATE
GPS LOCATION DOES NOT REQUIRE DATA ROAMING.
all map data is stored within app database so you do not need to be connected to the internet. [note: links from app to external websites do require an internet connection]
in tokyo, the focus is on retail shopping. we do not cover traditional tourist recommendations, so if you're looking for a guide to shrines, the imperial palace and ikebana, then this app is probably not for you. our travel guides are tightly edited, simple, and filter out establishments we feel you don't need to know about. we cover the top end of the market as well as the trashier end, but tend to avoid the mediocrity in the middle.
- gps location technology to pinpoint your location.
- zoom-able and pinch-able maps.
- 1 x tokyo city map.
- 10 x detailed shopping area maps.
- 10 filter categories.
- 750 + reviews.
- superfuture top 10 selection lists.
- search function.
- map background color changes to day time or night time.
- filter out mens or women's stores.
- access selected stores within department store lists.
- create itineraries.
- accommodation recommendations.
- get an overview of the city.
- get orientated with its geographical locations.
- get useful information to deal with everything from your arrival at the airport to coping with a shopping reconnaissance meltdown
- clothing, fashion, accessories
- interior, architecture, design
- food, cafés, restaurants
- drink, bars, clubs
- art, galleries, museums
- specialty, music, books
- beauty, health, body
- department stores
we recommend to purchase his app as an additional resource to the tokyo pdf superguide available at http://superfuture.com/supershop/
once this app has been purchased you will be able to access all future updates.
this iphone uses gps location technology. please note that accuracy can sometimes be erratic and affected by structures and atmospheric conditions. it can occasionally take up to a minute to get an accurate location fix. when walking you may find you are about 10 metres ahead of the flashing red marker.
gps location marker will ONLY appear when [you and] your iphone are within the boundaries of main city and detailed area maps.
for heavy duty usage we highly recommend purchasing an iphone power adapter.
we always appreciate any feedback you have to help make this superguide more useful.
// urban cartography for mobile shopping experts //
content update [september 15 2017]
Ratings and Reviews
Quality but needs polish
Overall, the concept is great. All the cool stores, galleries, restaurants, etc with built in maps and reviews.
You can build your own itineraries and there is an in built search feature.
You can, however, only search for things within the app, and when you want more info the web links can be a little inconsistent. An option to open links within safari would be a good addition, as would the ability to copy text so that you can do your own searches where certain reviews lack details.
For the price I expected a little more but it's a good start. Looking forward to updates and some added functionality.
Must have for Tokyo
If you want to know where to go in Tokyo this is a must have. Just wish they had cheaper hotels to recommend
Good content - app could be improved
The content is good but the App could be better
- superfuture corporation
- 52.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © superfuture corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.