Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the TomTom Navigation app. Now save up to 20% for a limited time.
TomTom Navigation for iPhone/iPad. World-class navigation that’s trusted by millions of drivers.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and, you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
›› Voice-guided turn-by-turn car navigation. Find your way the easy way with with clear voice instructions and a 2D or 3D view of the route ahead. Including automatic rerouting if you miss your turning.
›› Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives you extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
›› TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad – so you don't need a mobile data connection or large mobile data plan. Updated for free with every major release.
›› FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 20 million Map Share community.
›› IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times at all times of day.
›› Traffic. Drive with world-class traffic information (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› FREE Offline Safety Cameras. Pre-installed and updated with every app release
›› Spoken Street Names. Helping you to keep your eyes on the road.
›› Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebook™ and foursquare™.
›› Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
›› Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar, iCloud and maps.
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
- The TomTom Navigation app requires a GPS signal. 3G-enabled iPads, iPhone 4, and later models have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-3G iPads and iPod touch 5th gen and later models will require an external GPS receiver. The original iPhone, iPhone 3G/GS, original iPad, original iPod touch and iPod touch 2nd/3rd/4th gen are not supported.
(1) Check http://tomtom.com/19212 for availability per country. Services are available via in-app purchase and require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Services can only be used on one device at the same time. If you want to use your subscription to a different device, restore your purchases in the TomTom Shop on your preferred device.
(3)Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
(4)Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.
What's New in Version 1.20
LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom App update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.
REMOVAL OF FACEBOOK CHECK-IN: Facebook has decided to remove this feature. You can still search for Facebook Places inside the app, but you can’t check into Facebook Places or navigate to your checked in Facebook friends.
BUG FIXES AND PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS
Great app! Minor glitches:
Nothing is perfect so here are my small complaints (developers)
The tomtom traffic subscription is great and I use it but it is difficult to re-subscribe. It also reminds me at the wrong time - when I switch the app on in the morning. I'm in a hurry then.
Thanks for the speed camera alert. Can I please have a way to turn down the volume? I wear earphones in the car and the 'tweet' is heart stopping!
I don't really like the screen change for the highway exit. Can I please have a way to switch that off?
It's an incredibly handy app that has saved me a heck of a lot of time and stress. Thanks Tomtom people :-)
Why have a separate GPS device?
I love the TomTom app on iphone. Having navigation always available (as I always have my phone with me) and regularly updated is great! It is also cheaper than hiring a GPS unit with a hire car.
A few possible enhancements:
1) Include a “State” filter on the “navigate to > address > city” screen. I live in WA, and will rarely seek a destination in another state. This functionality is already included in the TomTom USA app, but should be added to the Australia app.
2) Australians don’t tend to use Route Numbers as much as USA etc. We like Street Names. It would be good to have an option to disable use of Route Numbers (using only street names).
3) Allow on-screen scrolling (like browse mode) by default. Activate the menu via the action menu, not pressing anywhere on the screen
Better than the actual Tomtom unit
I just purchased the app. First impression was very nice. Better interface, color and clearly direction. I had the actual Tom tom unit and I do prefer this app. My app didn't freeze that others said and it did say poor reception at time but I know there is no tower nearby (ie my home). Can't expect full function as the actual unit but it gets me where I want and that's all it matters
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 06 May 2015
- Version: 1.20
- Size: 286 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: TomTom
- ©2008 - 2015 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 12 Month TomTom Traffic$36.99
- 1 Month TomTom Traffic$6.49
- Darth Vader$7.49
- Mr. Burns$7.49
- Han Solo$7.49
- Marge Simpson$7.49
- Wallace & Gromit$7.49