Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the TomTom Navigation app. Now save up to 20% for a limited time.
TomTom Navigation for iPhone/iPad. World-class navigation that’s trusted by millions of drivers.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and, you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
›› Voice-guided turn-by-turn car navigation. Find your way the easy way with with clear voice instructions and a 2D or 3D view of the route ahead. Including automatic rerouting if you miss your turning.
›› Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives you extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
›› TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad – so you don't need a mobile data connection or large mobile data plan. Updated for free with every major release.
›› FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 20 million Map Share community.
›› IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times at all times of day.
›› Traffic. Drive with world-class traffic information (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› FREE Offline Safety Cameras. Pre-installed and updated with every app release
›› Spoken Street Names. Helping you to keep your eyes on the road.
›› Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebook™ and foursquare™.
›› Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
›› Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar, iCloud and maps.
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
- The TomTom Navigation app requires a GPS signal. 3G-enabled iPads, iPhone 4, and later models have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-3G iPads and iPod touch 5th gen and later models will require an external GPS receiver. The original iPhone, iPhone 3G/GS, original iPad, original iPod touch and iPod touch 2nd/3rd/4th gen are not supported.
(1) Check http://tomtom.com/19212 for availability per country. Services are available via in-app purchase and require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Services can only be used on one device at the same time. If you want to use your subscription to a different device, restore your purchases in the TomTom Shop on your preferred device.
(3)Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
(4)Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.
What's New in Version 1.21
This update fixes various language problems that you may have been experiencing after updating your device to iOS9. We plan to submit another update soon that will include additional iOS9 bug fixes and performance improvements. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Serious HMI Limitations
I've used TomTom for about 10 years. It's high time they fixed some major limitations.
1. Looking up addresses is excruciating. Rather than find all "14 walker st", you must enter the exact suburb. If an address straddles multiple suburbs, it's very slow to find the right location, or easy to find nothing/wrong locations.
2. POIs are unusable. Take a lesson from navigon. Yesterday, I was 100m from an oligopoly. Instead of directing me to it, it sent me 3km down the road - the 3rd closest store. This mistake is very, very common in TomTom.
Seriously ... Fix it. 10 years of half-assed HMI is enough. Others can do this (eg. Google, Navigon, Apple) - why can't you?
Great App but needs to be better
I have been using the TomTom app ever since it came out on iOS although it really needs a few tweaks to make a great navigation app the best navigation app.
These are just a couple of issues but developers should check out your competitors.
1. Running iOS9 and now can't read the speed when it goes into 3 digits (i.e. 100kph+) in portrait mode on iPhone 6 plus.
2. Traffic should be included like it is on your GO range
This app used to be good
I have had TomTom since it came out on iOS. It still has the best maps and directions but the app is getting worse rather than improving. Developers need to read feedback. Where has the speed limit gone, 100/1... On the display doesn't cut it - am I in a 100 or 110 zone? The POIs aren't accurate and easily searchable and the requirement to know the precise suburb when searching for an address can be annoying. Please look at what others are doing, read feedback and adapt or you will lose loyal customers who promote your product to others.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 29 September 2015
- Version: 1.21
- Size: 297 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: TomTom
- ©2008 - 2015 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 12 Month TomTom Traffic$36.99
- 1 Month TomTom Traffic$6.49
- Darth Vader$7.49
- Mr. Burns$7.49
- Han Solo$7.49
- Marge Simpson$7.49
- Wallace & Gromit$7.49