Go Deeper into the Backcountry.
Plan, Download, Print/Share, Use Offline!
BY backpackers FOR backpackers. This free app is fully functional with additional premium options for the serious backpacker. Downloaded, high resolution maps are still available for use even after your subscription expires!
Using a power optimized GPS mode, Topo Maps+ saves on battery life for long-lasting offline access to GPS tools deep in the backcountry.
Topo Maps+ offers both subscription (no auto-renew) access to premium maps & features as well as the ability to purchase individual maps from National Geographic and Canada’s Backroad Mapbooks.
With Topo Maps+ you can:
*Plan your next hike
*Download maps for offline access
*Print high quality custom maps
*Record your track
* Download maps for use offline.
* Easily trace routes to find approximate distance between locations.
* Add waypoints to maps.
* Print, email or share maps
* Trace over a trail on a topo map and then visualize that trail with the MapBox terrain and satellite maps.
*View you current location on a topo map even when you are days from the nearest the cell tower.
* Use the GPS and compass on your iPhone to see your current location and to align the map with the direction you are looking even without an internet connection.
Easily download USGS, US Forest Service, MapBox, NRCAN/GEOBC, Thunderforest, Satellite maps and MORE, so you can use the maps offline while deep in the backcountry.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps for the USA. USGS topo maps are the ultimate map for hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, and other outdoor activities. They have the details you need while in the backcountry.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps with stunning relief shading for the USA. This makes the USGS topo maps much easier to read and use.
* NRCAN/GEOBC topo maps for southern and western Canada.
* Thunderforest outdoor map has contour lines, trail, and outdoor features for the whole world.
* Glacier Topo map has world wide hiking and biking trails.
* MapBox Terrain is a beautiful elevation and land-use layer for the entire world, visualizing hills and elevation contour lines.
* MapBox Satellite offers highly-detailed imagery for the whole world.
* MapBox Street map is an ideal map for urban use and getting to the trail head.
* New Zealand Topo Maps from LINZ.
* US NOAA Marine Maps
* Partial US National Park Visitor Maps
* Partial US Forest Service Maps
* NeoTreks (with Pro)
* Natural Atlas (with PRO)
* Custom Maps not constrained to quadrants
* Include your routes, waypoints, elevations and more.
Share your custom maps with your party or leave one behind for loved ones to know where you will be
* Share routes, trips, and waypoints with your friends.
Share custom map images
* Save your routes, trips, and waypoints into categories
* Export routes, trips, and waypoints to KML & GPX files to use in other apps.
Import routes and waypoints from KML or GPX files.
Photo overlay (with Pro) - automatically tag photo waypoints
Always take a hard copy map with you!
FREE: Download Maps, Sync Data, Folders, Trace Routes, Elevation Profiles, Waypoints, Record Hikes, Print Maps, Export Data, Import Data, Share Data
Map Pass: everything above plus high resolution downloads
Pro: Everything above plus the Natural Atlas and Neo Treks maps, Larger area Downloads, Progress Along Trail, Trail Segments, Custom Routes, Photo Overlays, Map Overlays, Grid Overlays, Data Overlays, Edit Tracks, & Routes, Regions
View your offline maps and current location just by glancing down at your wrist. You no longer need to pull your iPhone out of your bag to check your position.
Sync your routes, trips, subscriptions, and waypoints between all of your iOS devices.
With all the maps recently added to the Map Store we've now added a search bar to easily find your specific map.
For you through-hikers we’ve even had some performance fixes for combining long sections of trails together!
As always we’ve made improvements to make the app run better as well.
Ratings and Reviews
So convenient it’s ridiculous
I started using this app in Australia and I was sceptical about what I’d experience. I’ve been using it for almost a year now I’m really remote areas and I’m finding trails everywhere as soon as I hit regular hiking areas. I’ve also realised more recently that it has a whole bunch of features I didn’t notice at first like the ability to geo-tag photos and record trail progress. I now use it when I’m trailrunning to track elevation, speed and progress at the same time as checking I’m heading in the right direction. Naming and saving trails is also easy and quick. Just make sure you download all the maps of the area you are on your way to visit BEFORE you get there so that once you lose phone reception and the satellites kick in, you’ll have detailed maps for reference. 😉
Why can’t I have a perpetual licence? Why don’t you have a perpetual licence so I don’t have to pay every year to cache some maps?
Trail over a cliff?
This App saved the day. A while back, hiking in fresh snow, I was following cairns and found myself at the top of a cliff. Not a person within 100 kilometres. Looking back and trying to discover where I went wrong I realised I was not going to find the buried trail. Then I remembered I had loaded this App in my phone. No service there but the maps were all there and the GPS placed me on the map. As I zoomed in I found the trail I was hiking. That was unexpected as it was a rather esoteric trail that not many know about. I was able to immediately find my way back to the trail and relied on the App, rather than the cairns, for the rest of the trip. Thanks!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Glacier Peak Studios LLC
- 149.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Glacier Peak Studios 2016
- In-App Purchases
- 3 Month Map Pass $17.99
- 12 Month Map Pass $30.99
- Topo Maps+ Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.