By Australian Securities and Investments Commission
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your personal expenses on the go with this easy-to-use app from MoneySmart. TrackMySPEND gives you a clear picture of what you are spending your money on.
THE APP ALLOWS YOU TO:
- Set a realistic spending limit and stick to it
- Track spending by categories
- Separate 'needs' and 'wants' to help identify opportunities to save
- Tracking bar to monitor spending against budget
- Create 'favourites' for frequent expenses
- View your expense history
- Free backup to prevent loss of data
- Export data to CSV (Excel, etc)
- Sync and use interchangeably on multiple devices
We value your feedback – please send comments and suggestions using the Feedback/ Comments functionality within the app.
Want more? MoneySmart has more calculators and online tools at www.moneysmart.gov.au
WHO IS BEHIND MONEYSMART?
MoneySmart is run by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), an Australian Government agency. The website offers free, independent guidance to help you make the most of your money. It is put together by an experienced team of financial planners and consumer educators.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Bug fixes in version 1.1.1:
- Export functionality that was broken in 1.1.0 is now fixed
- Slow response time for creating an expense is now fixed
What's New in Version 1.1.0:
Major usability enhancements based on user feedback including:
- Ability to set recurring expense reminders with notifications
- Ability to add own ‘tags’ to further categorise expenses (eg credit/ cash, work-related, tax deductible, etc)
- Ability to set spending limit for each category (eg Entertainment, etc)
- Allow custom cycle duration settings
- Predictive auto-fill of expense details based on past entries
- Show daily totals in History
- Various usability enhancements to Summary display
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Simple to use
A good looking, simple expense tracker. One important point is that the app slows considerably after just a few entries to the point that it takes a very long time to enter bulk expenses. The auto fill is painfully slow. I found that completely shutting down the app every few minutes as well as using the favourites function helped a lot. Not sure how the search function works if at all.
Overall a well designed app with a good interface, but please address the speed ( or lack of ) issue.
Where my money at??
LOVE this app! Exactly wat I was looking for, I input everything that I spend (groceries, clothes, take out) into this and tells me how much I have spent in the fortnight. Ignorance was bliss but now my eyes are open. The only app I could find where I don't have to put in an income. wish I could permanently edit the categories though.
Great to watch spending habits
Great app to use but here are some things id like to see in updates: ability to compare several weeks/months at once (line graph) with my spending limit as a constant. It would also be useful to have the above line graph example used for individual expenses to monitor any rise/fall over a number of weeks/months.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 18 December 2013
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 6.0 MB
- Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Seller: Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- © ASIC 2012-2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.